Remember me
Lost Password Register

Hoods
03-23-2002, 03:24 PM,
Hoods
Just tried on my hood for the first time... It came with my Mares Isotherm, question is this: <br><br>How tight are they supposed to be?<br><br>I feel like my face was popping out the opening. I'm guessing it's ok because it will loosen up a bit in the water, right?
03-24-2002, 03:08 AM,
Re: Hoods
Don't worry you'll get used to it.  When I first got my hood  I felt the same way.  Keep in mind they have to fit pretty tight like your suit or else you'll get flowing water in the hood which is obviously no good.
03-24-2002, 06:56 AM,
Good point GP, don't want any water getting in the hood because that would lead to water in my suit!<br><br>What about poking holes in the ears and top of the head, is this necessary? That only makes me believe there will be water getting inside.
03-24-2002, 10:51 AM,
As far as the holes go...I have a Henderson hood and it has some sort of special little vent thing in the top of the hood that allows air to escape but it doesn't allow water to flow in.  I don't see any reason to have holes in the hood by your ears though.  I've heard people say it makes it easier to clear your ears but I have no problems clearing my ears and my hood doesn't have holes by the ears.  
05-21-2002, 06:37 PM,
My hood was pretty tight when I got it so I stretched it over a cylinder for the night. Hope this helps.<br><br>Dave.