Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby April 26,27
04-27-2003, 03:19 PM,
Re:Crosby April 26,27
DanL, you forgot to mention me in your list.. OH NO.. ???

Kidding.. Just wanted to say it was great to meet some of the posters on the board.

First dive on the new dry suit went pretty well. Nomads gave a few pointer, and the dive was great! 35 feet, and COLD. Can't ask for anything better ;D

Second dive was a wash however. I added some underware, but didn't have enough weight to get me down. Better luck next time.

Thanks to all.

Jeff
04-27-2003, 04:24 PM,
Just got back from Crosby. Larry and I ended up doing a night dive last night. We saw plenty of fish. We had a little rain and some high winds last night. It made for a restless night of sleep for those of us camping. We woke up to a very cloudy, slightly cool morning. But by noon the sky had cleared and we had a sunny warm day. Larry, Jason and I did another dive this afternoon at Louise. The visibility had improved by 5-10 feet over Saturday. Thanks to everyone for making this a great time -- especially all the new people I met: Jason, Linda, Jeff, and Pete.
--Jason
04-27-2003, 06:48 PM,
I too had a great time diving this weekend with the group even though I developed a slight sinus problem last night and was only able to get in a couple dives over the course of the weekend. It was still a great time and was nice to meet new people. Here is a pic of Jason Baker on the safety stop after our wall dive in Louise Saturday. Smile

Attached Files
.jpg   jason.jpg (Size: 16.24 KB / Downloads: 60)
.jpg_thumb   jason.jpg_thumb (Size: 19.59 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-27-2003, 06:53 PM,
Here is one more pic of the sunken boat.

Attached Files
.jpg   boat1.jpg (Size: 24.26 KB / Downloads: 57)
.jpg_thumb   boat1.jpg_thumb (Size: 26.24 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-27-2003, 09:44 PM,
Maybe I have to be the official "vis master". At Crosby this past weekend when u scuba divers were down, from the surface, if I dropped to you just as your tanks were still visible it was between -30' & -35'. Jean, you missed out on some great vis (and company), along with the rest of the folks that didn't get there. Great weather, good sunshine, sausage for breakfast, some sunburn, cold water, short breaths. I think I only got about 30 dives in... Wink
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
04-28-2003, 08:29 AM,
Hey everyone. I had a great time at Crosby. I am terrible w/ names but I will remember your faces. Thanks for helping me w/ my gear donning and a special thanks to Paul's son for watching my dog.You guys left before I had a chance to thank you again! I stayed over at the econo lodge but didn't get much sleep either. Next time I hope my regular dive buddy Missy is in town and can go. At least she doesn't growl and bark every time someone walks by in the hallway. I'd really like to try and find the gated tunnel that Pete was talking about. Supposed to be at about 90 feet connecting Louise to Mennomen. (sp?). I may go back up one or two days mothers day weekend. Probably that friday. Linda. Dan did you ever find your lens cap?
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
04-28-2003, 12:46 PM,
I just wanted to say thanks to group that camped on saturday night. i had a great time meeting everyone and look forward to more dives in the future. Sorry i missed those that left early on saturday. Maybe next time we can get some dives in. Jason. Big Grin
04-30-2003, 09:40 AM,
The pics look wonderful , you guys had a great time , etc...etc..etc...
And all we had is rain that weekend in Norfork VA.
Didn't even get in the ocean...Hey , I tried though!!!

Jean :'(
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
05-01-2003, 01:27 PM,
I had a great time diving this past weekend. I hope to see everyone diving this spring/ summer.

Nice pics!