Remember me
Lost Password Register

high lake water and low vis
05-09-2011, 08:42 AM,
high lake water and low vis
tonka is super high right now. water is comming over second(older) dam.
and its rising.

Im under the impression that water is greener then typical for this time of year.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-09-2011, 09:45 PM,
Re: high lake water and low vis
The lakes near brained are about 18 inches higher than normal, and the vis is down about 5 feet right now
05-10-2011, 09:25 AM,
Tonka is such a big lake vis can be 30 feet on one part and 10 in another or even <5 a depth, we saw that icing this winter.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
05-28-2011, 05:46 AM,
lower lake out of wayatta was barely 6ft i couldn't see the tips of my fins(short, not long).

also was surprised to see no fish on the structure. not a sunfish or anything. last year this time it was full of all sorts of bass and carp etc.

But...my kid while dealing with the boat trailer, was catching non-stop sunfish and largemouth. So it may be that all the fish have moved into the shallow back bays. if i get a chance this weekend i will poke around more spots. no-wake is in effect lake wide.

also this year you get inspected when you pull off the lake.
fine for infringement starts at $500(last year started at $100).

for those who don't boat millfoil lakes, it is nearly impossible to get every last bit off. I crawl under my boat and still am occasionally surprised to have missed a piece or two. but also my boat is used only on that lake, and if i switch lakes I dry and clean it out as per the law.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
06-08-2011, 02:03 PM,
Good News!

tonka has slightly cleared up, and fish are starting to hold on typical structures.

its very late this year. yesterday I saw the first few carp showing up for prespawn at the grays bay dam.  Friday i ran into a school of what looked like spawning crappies. several dozen that ran 10inches when i caught one. legitimate 10inch crappies are good sized for tonka. gils are also showing up now in shallows, and bass are moving along shore.

seems roughly almost a month late.
vis is still on the low side, but its now june so it is what it is.