Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving the Pits this weekend?
07-21-2011, 02:23 PM,
Diving the Pits this weekend?
Terry, Joe, Doug, Steve? Any of you guys heading north this weekend? Brainerd is showing a 50% chance of rain on Saturday and the State Park is open for business.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
07-21-2011, 03:15 PM,
Re: Diving the Pits this weekend?
Maybe,,, the state shutdown broke my truck so I should fix it before diving.  Tongue
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
07-27-2011, 05:53 AM,
so how where the pits this past weekend?
07-27-2011, 08:54 AM,
Dave, I don't know, it's possible I'll be in the area but I'll likely be on my mountain bike. I haven't been on the new trails yet. I would have to dive after the ride to prevent nitrogen stress aggravation and I'm not sure I'll have the energy to dive if I run 20 miles of trail.

Lastly, I heard the vis was poor and this is the worst time of the year to dive, IMO.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
07-27-2011, 11:32 AM,

Dangerous Dave, I cant make the mines this weekend, but I'm keeping your dive computer safe, dont you worry. I'll get it back to you first chance, gotta get back to cleaning the Impulse Wink
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
07-28-2011, 05:50 PM,
I hope to leave for the Mine Pits early Friday afternoon. I will have my 40 in by noon and the manager hates OT. So if he tells me to go home, I have to pack quick and I am off. I would stay at the campground on Friday and Saturday night.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201