Remember me
Lost Password Register

4th of July Diving
06-21-2011, 04:37 PM,
4th of July Diving
Well......... Annual Training is almost over and I will soon be able to do some diving again. All moved out of St. Cloud so my weekends are freeing up, except for Guard.

So what do you say? Ready to dive over the 4th of July? Terry? Doug? Steve? Joe?
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
06-21-2011, 04:47 PM,
Re: 4th of July Diving
I should be free that week end. I'm leaving for IR on Sunday and will get ahold of you when I get back. I want you to look at that back plate for me and see if I have it set up right. I'm not real impressed with it yet.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
06-21-2011, 04:54 PM,
Something must be wrong with the setup, Halcyon makes awesome dive gear and I never had a problem with it. I did find the pack that goes onto the backplate, I will get that to you.

I have an extra set of books I can give you for your Advanced Nitrox and Decompression class, that way you can start reading the material in prep for your future classes.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
06-21-2011, 07:23 PM,

Hey Dangerous Dave,
                                      I should be in, where you thinking the mines or what?
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
06-21-2011, 08:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2011, 08:10 PM by mcdiver.)
I thought the Mines were the default, is there another place you had in mind? I am willing to dive Friday night through Monday afternoon for whoever is willing to dive. I do have a buddy from Marshall that I need to dive with, I am hoping to get him over to dive with us sometime during that weekend, I know he would have the time of his life.

Ordered the DiveRite RX2 LED canister light, should have it by the weekend, so I need to do a few night dives now to justify.

Doug, here is a quick pic of the doubles setup I had, see if it makes any sense, if not, we will get you squared away over the 4th.

Terry, you tell the "Little Lady" that she can stop clicking her heels together, the 4th will be here before she knows it.

Attached Files
.jpg   Doubles Setup.JPG (Size: 871.56 KB / Downloads: 126)
.jpg   Doubles Setup.JPG (Size: 871.56 KB / Downloads: 126)
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
06-22-2011, 05:31 AM,
Looks the same as my set up Dave. I'll bring it with. You'll pobably see the problem when you see the rig.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
06-30-2011, 01:49 PM,
I'll be north and have my gear, but I'm not sure when/if I can come out and make bubbles.  gotta see what our company has in mind before I can plan anything more elaborate than some shore diing from our place.  keep me posted on when/where you guys will be and I'll see if I can at least sneak out for a little while...
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
06-30-2011, 03:12 PM,
Dave, I'll need a review of that light head Monday. I have the upgrade all ready to go to Dive Rite  but haven't committed to it. I need to know it has the same punch as the MR11.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
06-30-2011, 03:15 PM,
Thanks for the reminder Steve...  I need ot throw my light box in the truck so if I hook up with the guys I can do a little testing to see if it's my bulb, battery pack or charger that has me lightless at the moment!  (didn't work last time I tried it and I haven't tried to figure it out yet...)
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
06-30-2011, 03:40 PM,
Hey guys, just a thought.  Since the mines are now state parks, doesn't that mean they will closed if there is a government shutdown, like all other parks?  A couple of us were talking about that and didn't know the answer.