Remember me
Lost Password Register

What training/experiences make for better scuba divers
06-24-2011, 07:41 AM,
Re: What training/experiences make for better scuba divers
Whose donnie you silly rabbit? I saw the training on navy divers. We haven't Inc. it yet, But I hope to the next time we have the pool reserved. Yes physical training is important, and it will make you a better diver, but it's not nearly as important as mental strength. And that is what is going to help you in those emergency type situations. We have had several real-life recovery calls working for the county in less than ideal conditions. Fortunately we spent a lot of time training for these scenarios. When it happened, muscle memory kicked in, things went smooth, and we got the job done safely and professionaly.

And no I didn't fall out of the boat into the water. I was in the water trying to get back into the boat when I didn't unhook my inflator hose. Yes, it was a "silly" mistake, and you can make fun of it all you want. But if it helps one person reading this thread from making the same mistake, it was all worth it.

You are out of your element here donnie.. infact you totally missed the boat of my argument... I was referring to Buds training where you 'escape enemies' tied up... don't try to change the point to something else....ok im guessing you were referring to falling face first out of the boat with your arm in your BC... the buds thing was from the other thread

There's a class where you tie each other up for a civilian c-card aye? I doub't anyone would dare teach a class like the military where death isn't uncommon in training exercises

as for the horse drinking the water, what is meant by that is training is the water, but the horse decides if he wants to follow his training or not, i hear about divers disregarding what they were trained to do all the time, many times training pales to experience, good or bad.
[/quote]
I don't train for plastic or ego. I train to become a better diver, swimmer, and to be able to provide aid to other divers, swimmers, and people in need.

Messages In This Thread
Re: What training/experiences make for better scuba divers - by Shooter - 06-24-2011, 07:41 AM