Remember me
Lost Password Register

State Shutdown will affect Madeira parking
06-27-2011, 12:14 PM,
State Shutdown will affect Madeira parking
I just thought of this but if the state shutdown happens this week it will mean the diver parking lot at Split Rock Lighthouse State Park will be closed and no parking will be allowed there. 
06-27-2011, 12:39 PM,
Re: State Shutdown will affect Madeira parking

I agree Lonnie, the same could be figured for the state park at Portsmouth mine in Crosby/Ironton, but the last time Dave Torry and I were up there you couldn't tell if it was closed, no water, no showers, no real johns, not even anyone to take your money, at that point its easy to wonder what your paying for. At the Madiera, I think if you have your annual SP permit, and if you have the code for the gate, and, they have your signed liability wavier on file, if the state is shut down, who would be around to write you a citation? Sure police will still be out there, but I would have to laugh if this was all they had to focus their attention on the weekend of the 4th.      T
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
06-27-2011, 01:51 PM,
my kids summer school might also be shut down, and if it continues till fall no regular school also.

Dnr launches might also be closed. for example grays bay at tonka will be locked shut or boarded shut. at least thats what one DNR weed checker was telling me, same story came from a park person that was seasonal employee that was going to lose everything they owned if they didn't stay employed thru the summer season.

I'm scrambling to figure out how to get my car tabs early as that too will be down.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
06-30-2011, 07:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2011, 07:53 PM by mermaid.)
DNR State Shutdown Info.
In case not everyone has seen this yet, I thought it might be helpful.

The farther back you can look, the farther forward you will see . . . Winston Churchill
07-01-2011, 06:56 AM,
thanks for the link. very helpfull. if i understand this, we can day trip into state parks and boat launches if they are left open. does anyone know if greys bay launch was left open. .. i would think that due to the number of residents that have big boats parked on this lake that the launch would be left open for safety.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
07-01-2011, 09:55 AM,

You're welcome, happy to help. 
The farther back you can look, the farther forward you will see . . . Winston Churchill
07-01-2011, 11:30 AM,

This is what it states in the link that Michelle put up:

6. What about state trails and public water accesses?

These areas will be maintained and do not have restroom facilities or water service, but are available for day use. Please be especially mindful of all safety guidelines.

Public accesses will still be open.
07-01-2011, 12:07 PM,

Thanks for clarifying Robert, saves time too. 
07-02-2011, 04:38 AM,
tonka launch was open yesterday.
07-19-2011, 06:27 PM,
Drove by Cass Lake this weekend and was amazed that someone put concreate street blocks across the public launch access. not sure if that was the state that did that or one of the private pay launches. I was also amazed to see many people camping in a public city park. at least a dozen campsites(for lack of better description), this was somewere near marcell.(was lost at the time) locals seemed fine with it as it brough business to a small city.