Remember me
Lost Password Register

Christmas Lake Dive July 2 or 3
06-28-2011, 07:44 PM,
Christmas Lake Dive July 2 or 3
The mines sound like fun but I need to stay closer to home this weekend.  Anyone interested in a dive at Christmas Lake on Saturday or Sunday?  I am flexible on times
06-30-2011, 11:18 AM,
Re: Christmas Lake Dive July 2 or 3
Sounds like there is interest in a Saturday dive.  I will get the time posted by tomorrow and anyone is welcome to join us.
06-30-2011, 11:20 AM,
If you plan on going in at the boat launch, be there very early in the morning.  Very limited parking spots, and you can't park vehicles end to end in one spot.  You will get a ticket.  Just a heads up.
06-30-2011, 11:52 AM,
Appreciate it!  will check to see how early everyone can make it

Would 9:00 am be early enough?  ???
06-30-2011, 01:10 PM,
That area is going to be a madhouse thiis weekend, if I was going id meet at 8am. I've gone to grays at 9:30 and it was too packed. Christmas fills up fast.  :-\
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
06-30-2011, 05:20 PM,
Re: Christmas Lake Dive July 2
Saturday at 8 am at Christmas Lake!  We have 2 so far, and open to anyone else crazy enough to dive this early on a Saturday.  Does this qualify as extreme diving? 

We are planning on 2 dives.   
06-30-2011, 06:01 PM,
:o woah sorry to be misunderstood, I won't be going, I was just stating that earlier is better for that lake.  :-X
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
06-30-2011, 09:59 PM,
No worries--someone got back to me via message and that is the 2nd person.  I understood you weren't diving with us.  Wink

Being a newbie I appreciate the advice on early diving to get a parking spot--this will be my first time at Christmas Lake so the early dive is fine with me.  Any other advice you can give on Christmas Lake?  Looks like a surface swim to the deeper part of the lake
06-30-2011, 10:09 PM,
Bring a mesh bag to collect and remove all the milfoil that gets caught on your gear.  That's the worst problem of the surface swim.  I usually boat it out there, but my boat's in the shop for engine work.  :Smile 

You may try using a light kayak or similar.  Another trick I have used is to climb half way up on the dive flag float (Inner-Tube Style) that way there is less of you and your gear dragging!~
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
06-30-2011, 11:06 PM,
The last time I dove out there was a few years ago, and the "No Parking" signs just outside of the landing in the residential area actually said "No trailer parking".  I parked on those streets several times and never had an issue, although it was a little bit of a hike.  Not sure if they have changed the signs since then, but you may want to do a little recon to save yourself an early morning.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson