Remember me
Lost Password Register

Isolation manifold exstention
07-04-2011, 12:37 PM,
Isolation manifold exstention
I was told they make a isolation manifold extension but I haven't been able to find one. Can any one help me?
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
07-04-2011, 02:57 PM,
Re: Isolation manifold exstention
OMS made the only Slob Knob! not sure if they still do!  Proper technique an instruction an you will never need the Slob Knob!
But thats just my 2cents
TDI Advance Nitrox an Deco Trimix an Cave
07-04-2011, 03:44 PM,
What technice do you use if you just cant reach it?
07-04-2011, 07:09 PM,
Not just one, but several things must come together for "the" technique to work:

Height of Backplate to manifold - or bands on doubles - either one may cause the physical height to be out of reach

Angle of the Center Knob may be canted forward verse straight up

Make sure that you are strategically positioned horizontal or face forward so gravity pulls the valves toward the back of your neck.  I know this sounds elementary, but when you are in the water you are 3 dimensional and you may not realize your true attitude.  I see this all the time with divers who try a valve shutdown: they start to lean forward, then the reach backward to grasp the valve...only to arch their back and do totally the opposite of what they intended.  The best place to practice this is on a platform at Square or Wazee and have a buddy watch you.  I hate the video camera idea, but if you want to see yourself and isolate the problem, then this may help.    If you are not standing on your head, the doubles will slide back down and away.  This is the biggest culprit, attitude in the water.

Try loosening your harness a tiny bit and see if the unit will slide down toward your head (don't get carried away, I said just a bit)

These are just a couple of the common, but not at all the tricks

Practice, practice, practice...

Start with training, continue with adventures.
07-05-2011, 05:19 AM,
I'll give it a shot.
07-07-2011, 06:46 AM,
I have an OMS slob Knob I took off a set of twins I bought  if you have a need ,but practice should do the trick.
T Ostby
07-07-2011, 10:21 AM,
Ron Is right on the money!  I can generally feel my isolator in back of my head after I have that the rest are cake!
  Work on technique an you will be much happier!  Doubles take a bit of time to get used to but they become very comfortable an assuring to dive with time!
07-07-2011, 03:21 PM,
Next time I have to refill them I'll tip the knob before the fill and see if that helps.
07-07-2011, 11:27 PM,
Mine is at 45 degrees or very close to it!