Remember me
Lost Password Register

anyone ever checked out Brickyard Clayhole in Chaska?
08-05-2011, 12:38 PM,
anyone ever checked out Brickyard Clayhole in Chaska?
wondering if anyone has dove the Brickyard Clayhole, a small lake just north of Chaska?

since it appears to be an old mining venture, wondering if it might be a little hidden gem as far as visibilty goes.

it's marked on Google maps if you zoom in enough
08-05-2011, 12:51 PM,
Re: anyone ever checked out Brickyard Clayhole in Chaska?
I'm working on a construction project in Chaska right now and I was wondering the same thing. I drive by it on my way to get lunch once in a while and it looks interesting. Might need to bring my gear to work some day and hit it on the way home.
08-05-2011, 05:47 PM,
Post if you have any success on this.  I have been to Court House Lake, and Fireman's Park, and looking for something else in the area.
08-05-2011, 08:14 PM,
What's the viz like at the lake at Fireman's Park?  I'm guessing it isn't very deep.
08-06-2011, 12:04 AM,
What's the viz like at the lake at Fireman's Park?  I'm guessing it isn't very deep.
[/quote]

If you get there early in the spring, it isn't too bad.  This all depends on what you would consider what not bad is.  I think that anything that is over 5' is acceptable.  I like surprises. lol
08-30-2011, 08:48 PM,
I checked out the Brickyard in early August and it part of a big condo complex so I don't know how kosher it would be to go snorkeling there but I didn't see an y no swimming signs. The water was fairly clear for that time of the year and I saw some medium-sized bass right near shore but no sign of carp.
I checked out Fireman's too while I was there and as long as the beach is open and there are lifeguards there, you can't just snorkel around the lake but the guards told me that once the beach closes (5:00 or 6:00) no body should bug you. There are carp in Firemans.
10-05-2011, 11:07 AM,
Is this the little lake behind the courthouse? Many years ago (1982-84) a group of us used to dive the pit behind the courthouse. There were two bodies of water that were attached to each other. One of them had a old boat on the bottom. Thelarger pit , which was part of the brick making facility, still had the scoop that was used to scoop up the clay to make bricks. We quit goign there when the Sherfif's Dept. told us that swimmign was not permittedin the pit, thus diving was not permitted. We did get to do a number of dives in it for years. That was back when there was a dive club out of Smith Diving in Burnsville.

That was long time ago...

Jim
12-10-2011, 03:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2011, 03:49 PM by BigC.)
I fish courthouse with a flyrod for the trout. Springtime vis Is not bad but thickens as the season wears. As for diving it, my daughter did her last OWdive 2yrs ago for certification. It was a bit murky. We entered Just right of the fishing dock and headed left. Found an old brick cart with the steel wheels and all in really good shape.  I brought up an old Chaska brick and it sits downstairs. If you like catching crayfish there are some large buggers down there.  Goes down to 80ft according to the fishing maps. DNR uses it for the brute stock for trout stocking. Has rainbows,browns, tigertrout, brookies, lakers, and snapping turtles. A CCSO diver tells Me that there is a snapping turtle the size of a tire he swam up on. 
&quot;Gentle determination is the true strength of a man&quot;<br />My Mom<br />1946 ~ 2001<br />Cancer is not a faceless disease