Remember me
Lost Password Register

who make big canister lights?
08-12-2011, 06:13 PM,
who make big canister lights?
I m looking for a 30 watt hid. Light monkey looks good but who else has a 20+ hid. Led just doesn't have the power.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
08-12-2011, 09:19 PM,
Re: who make big canister lights?
Here is a link to a thread from a year and a half ago when I was looking for a HID that was more powerful than a 10 watt HID: 

Light Monkey makes some nice big lights. Dive Rite and Sartek were getting away from the HID and following the LED craze for a while, but I would think they will dig up some old HID ballasts soon. I have a Xenon dual bulbed, pistol gripped, Underwater Kinetics "Sunlight D8" light I will trade you for your 10 watt... just kidding Wink. Its heavy as a mushroom anchor, and as dim as two birthday candles. You looking for a video light, or a cave diving light?
08-15-2011, 10:54 AM,
Titan Dive Gear makes awesome lights. They make 10w lights and also 25w lights. The 25w lights can run at full power or at 10w. The lights come in two different series, SCULA and x-series. The SCULA consists of the light and battery as one unit. The x-series is a canister series light. They have a variety of battery packs available. I have the 25w x-series light.

Check them out at

Michael
08-15-2011, 01:22 PM,

This is a nice LED light. It works great and throws plenty of light. You can also add the battery pack to the SCULA to extend the burn time.
08-15-2011, 03:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-15-2011, 03:55 PM by arcFlash.)
Nice! Thanks for the link. I used a HydroLight (scula) a few years ago and it was nice at the time. 25W (1400 lumen) is getting close to my wants. The 10w was good for years but it's a little dim these days and I've got the itch to get something with huge power like a 31 (3000 Lumen). I'll likely go used gear shopping over on TDS but that stuff moves so fast you almost have to sit on the site to get anything.

Light Monkey has some real nice stuff. The 20-50 at 5000 lumen with a focus-able beam is killing me. :'(
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.