Remember me
Lost Password Register

Square Lake April 9th (if the ice is gone)
04-08-2003, 09:01 PM,
Re:Square Lake April 9th (if the ice is gone)
I will be there till past sundown. I was out there about 8 PM and the sun had just set.
But I had good light to still check out the lake quite well !!!!
6 PM sounds just fine !!!

I WILL BE THERE !!!!!

Thanks...Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
04-08-2003, 10:32 PM,
I'll be there. Have to give your dry suit a proper tryout.
Thanks for the directions.
I'll check the board in the morning in case of any changes.
04-09-2003, 12:05 AM,
If I am not quite there by 1 PM don't panic. I have to get some weight pockets put on my H2 in the morning at SD&T...
But I should be there around that time.

Jean Smile

P.S. You might want to bring a chair along too. The only think I don't like about Perch is the lack of a bathroom. OH WELL!!!! Stillwater is only about 10 minutes away!!!

04-09-2003, 08:48 PM,
Had a good time diving with Jean and Punky at Perch today. Viz not too bad about 8 feet I'd say, I'm sure it will improve in the coming weeks. Water temp was 40 degrees. I'll let Jean do the honors of the full dive review. Wink
04-10-2003, 10:10 AM,
My thanks to Punky and Lonnie for coming out and diving Perch on Wednesday.
Punky and I got there about 1:30 PM and sat around a while before we got brave enough to try it. We went in by the boat lauch and swam out past the weed line. The viz was pretty bad around there. Then we went down the weed line over to the platform at about the 25-30 foot level. The viz cleared to about 10 feet. Someone has gotten very clever by spelling something on the platform with rocks. (BITE ME)
We then returned to the boat landing. The wind was blowing pretty good and I got chilled from the wind-chill (Had to take shelter in my car).
Lonnie showed up and we got in the water again around 6:45.
Basically we took the same path as the dive before. I brought a lite with since the sun angle was getting a little low. We all had fun playing with our dry suits. We found the platform again and then turned back around and headed back towards the boat landing. Lonnie had to leave shortly after that but Punky and I grilled out in the parking lot. The brats were good and the stew was excellent!!! Thanks Punky for bring the grill!!!

A couple of notes:
Did not see any fish (at least I didn't)
The weed line wasn't very tall but it was just as thick as it was last year.
Dive Logistics:
Dive #1 Time in: 15:56 Time out: 16:20
Bottom Time 24 Mins
Max Depth 31 feet
Temp 40 degrees
Dive #1 Time in: 18:49 Time out: 19:27
Bottom Time 38 Mins
Max Depth 28 feet
Temp 40 degrees

Thanks again for a wonderday day diving. It was good practice for the dry suits (trying to get the right amount of weight...buoyancy control etc)

Thanks again...
Jean Smile