Remember me
Lost Password Register

Structures in lake mine
09-25-2011, 02:23 PM,
Structures in lake mine
Heading to Ore-be-gone next weekend and might go to lake mine and was wondering if the structures there are bouyed, if not how do I find them? Any help would be great.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
09-26-2011, 11:10 AM,
Re: Structures in lake mine
Look for the piling structure sticking out of the water.  When looking at this piling from shore the underwater structures are to the left of it.  I think they are around 60ft.  If the viz is low you might miss them.  In the past the folks at Air Down There would buoy the structures but I don't know if they continue to do so.  Also, there have been lines run between the piling and the underwater structures in the past. 

You can find some pics on my galley:

--Jason
10-05-2011, 10:25 AM,
Our dive there was pretty nice, excellent visibility, wish we would have found more structure.

You can see video I shot on the dive here...

We did two dives in Ore Be Gone earlier in the day, nice vis there as well.

Ore Be Gone video
10-05-2011, 06:50 PM,
Great video Curtis, love the river of sand at the end. ;D
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
10-14-2011, 09:23 PM,
Nice video!  It's tough to get to the building structures without the bouy,  there should still be a line from near the base of the pillar that takes you out to the buildings. Either way it's a long surface swim.

I dove Lake Mine today.  The vis is as good as you'll ever see, especially the deeper you go. really wish I had more time this fall to go back.

(on a side note: Poor Gary's Pizza will be rebuilding next spring in Biwabik!  They had an electrical fire earlier in the year that burned it to the ground, nobody was hurt..)
-Matt
10-26-2011, 04:09 PM,
The best way to get to the buildings is to take a heading to the pillar, and STAY on that heading in about 15'.  Easier to go shallow, and watch your buoyancy.  I've done it following the bottom contours, but it burns up too much air...