Remember me
Lost Password Register

Gauge Console
10-23-2011, 12:39 PM,
Gauge Console
I just bought a regulator, and i need to buy a gauge console for it.  I currently use an Oceanic Veo wrist mounted computer, and I am wondering if I could put that into a console (then all I would need is an SPG).  Just wondering what your thoughts were, and, if there was a specific model of a console that would fit my needs. Thanks!
11-06-2011, 07:12 PM,
Re: Gauge Console
Why do yo think it is necessary to put it in a console?  I'd keep it wrist mounted and have a single SPG clipped off on the left side.  My open circuit and CCR rigs are set up like this.  The computer for my CCR is attached via cable to the rebreather, but I still wear it on my wrist.
11-08-2011, 04:04 PM,
Re: Gauge Console
+1 for a small SPG on it's own hose that you clip off where you can read it easily. Then no need for a big bulky console, you are are more streamlined and no stuff dangling / dragging / snagging.

Arguments for the console include being able to see everything in one place (computer, pressure, compass) and less chance of losing it or misplacing it since it's all connected to your regulator.

You might notice one common config where divers wear their computer on one wrist (right), compass on other wrist (left) and a small spg clipped off to their left side. No need for fancy retractors, you can always find everything, hands don't need to be freed to find and hold a console, etc. I also like this setup for traveling / packing.