Remember me
Lost Password Register

Local Dive Clubs
10-28-2011, 04:27 PM,
Re: Local Dive Clubs
Thanks! Yes that is the Kittiwake, I haven't been there but I found the awesome picture, and its sort of place I would love to travel tooSmile About the ice diving I will PM you about that I would love to come, and besides trying to get my ice cert sometime (not in the near future) it would certainly be awesome to just come out with you guys (when the ice is thicker than 1.5" though) Smile just to see how ice diving is. I would love to get certified in those areas, if I've learned one thing its that if you love to SCUBA dive in Minnesota then a dry diving certification and a ice diving certification is a must!

As far as the club goes, thanks for all the suggestions, I have been successful. I've joined Twin Cities SCUBA Club (which I found over meetup.com) and joined. They are a very new club with only about 15-20 active members, and although I'm a minor the moderator has accepted me and I hope to get one or two more dives in with them Smile
The biggest problem for me was also the transportation as I do not have my license yet, but as other members have done in the best, they are open to giving other members a ride. Perfect for me! Unlike you ice divers I want summer to go all year round...until i get my drysuit and ice diving cert Smile
Looking for dive buddies in the Twin Cities
10-31-2011, 02:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 03:20 PM by arcFlash.)
Ok, I'm in!

John: "god forsaken state" it is not. If you'd like to follow me to North Dakota I have some show and tell waiting for you. Smile I like MN, we do everything, and I do it all. Any day of the week I have different gear in my van. I dropped 6 tanks for a fill just today, went rock climbing last weekend, Hiked parts of the Superior Hiking Trail before that and did a few mountain bike rides between them.

Mndiv: You only need one buddy so make that your goal for now. Find someone that's fun to be around because you spend more time on the surface then diving. 

Fan Club: That's awesome.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
10-31-2011, 04:24 PM,
Hey, I agree MN is a great state, the land of 10,000 lakes has a lot of diving to offer, skiing 45 minutes away in the winter, and everything water related in the summer!

I see what you mean as in finding one buddy to dive with, but that is my long term goal. But in general it might be good to have more than one person you can dive with and to find those connections at my age I need some sort of club where I get connections and best of all dive!
10-31-2011, 08:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 08:13 PM by DetectorGuy.)

Good Point! I might have been a bit over the top with the "godforsaken state" comment... After all we do have some great teams to root for ???. Gophers Football team is in the new stadium (that I worked on a few years ago), and they are just about perfect :Smile. Twins are in their new stadium (that I worked on a couple years ago), and they are trying to find their niche :Smile. Vikings are still in that old dome, but but if they keep up chasing that carrot called the Superbowl championship as as hard as they have since they were conceived... I think they deserve a new stadium too (which I hope to work on in the near future) :Smile. Those Timberwolves have a nice basketball arena called Target Center (that I worked on in 1988), and as good as they have been playing they are probably due for a new one :Smile. The NorthStars pulled the pin and left us with the Minnesota Wild needing a new hockey arena. They probably will deserve to play in such a nice venue someday :Smile. But I digress...

At least the taxes are low here and with the great companies like NorthWest Airlines investing in the state, I don't see how we can lose :Smile... Oh yeah they figured out that Minnesota was a sinking ship.

All kidding aside Minnesota is a great state compared to many,many others. The 4 seasons are distinctly different and each season offers a variety of things to do. I am not much of a hiker, unless the snowmobile breaks down. I am not much of a bike rider or jogger. I am not much of a horse rider as I heal slower than I used to, although I have 6 horses that I feed very well ;D. I am not much of a snowmobiler anymore as the two I have are getting unreliable, and often riding them leads to hiking or jogging back to civilization. I do have a thing for diving though and love to do it year round Smile

Here's to all our hobbies, in all the seasons, in all the corners of this state... cheers Smile
12-10-2011, 03:19 PM,
Looking forward to getting my ice certification starting Jan with CCSO. 
Like we talked about in our emails MnDvr, once the open water season starts, I am more than happy to be a dive buddy with ya  8)
&quot;Gentle determination is the true strength of a man&quot;<br />My Mom<br />1946 ~ 2001<br />Cancer is not a faceless disease
12-10-2011, 10:29 PM,
Thanks so much BigC, since were both on facebook, I will make sure to let you know, and would more than love to dive with you (firefighter, experienced diver, and paramedic, cant ask for a much better dive buddy Wink )

Thanks again, and feel free to message me when you go diving in the OW season!
12-11-2011, 05:11 PM,

Hey BigC, I'm curious to know what "CCSO" stands for  ??? 

The farther back you can look, the farther forward you will see . . . Winston Churchill
12-11-2011, 06:17 PM,
I think CCSO stands for Carver County Sheriffs Office... But I could be wrong.
12-23-2011, 11:20 AM,
You are correct Sir.
&quot;Gentle determination is the true strength of a man&quot;<br />My Mom<br />1946 ~ 2001<br />Cancer is not a faceless disease
12-29-2011, 07:31 PM,

You're good John, thanks for your help!
The farther back you can look, the farther forward you will see . . . Winston Churchill