Remember me
Lost Password Register

All-Safe
10-25-2011, 06:02 PM,
All-Safe
I have some tanks that need hydro testing.  I stopped by All-Safe on Washington Avenue North near downtown Minneapolis.  They are no longer open.  According to the sign on the door, they closed down earlier this month.  Their facility in Wyoming, Minnesota appears to still be open. - Kirk
10-25-2011, 06:06 PM,
Re: All-Safe
Or, you could call Pete from Pro-Hydro Testing to get you tanks done for a great price.

952-240-1263  He is in Chaska, but travels all over.
11-13-2011, 08:54 AM,
Re: All-Safe
I believe Nardini Fire Equipment on County road E in St Paul does hydro's. I think they charge $15.00 or $20.00 for just a hydro.
02-18-2016, 08:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 08:12 AM by 2airishuman.)
RE: All-Safe
I recently took a bunch of cylinders up to All Safe in Wyoming (just north of the metro near North Branch). They seem happy to take walk-in business. I was pleased with the work they did. Turn around was just over a week.

Their current prices, give or take the pennies and the tax, are $21 for hydro and VIP, $20 for hydro only, $4 for visual eddy current (for pre-1990 aluminum cylinders), and $18 for internal shot blasting.

The shot blasting is a great process. They cleaned up an old steel cylinder for me, one that had the brown painted-in liner. The liner had deteriorated and the corrosion looked bad when I took it in, and after shot blasting, the liner was gone and the walls smooth. Quick, easy, and cheap compared to tumbling.

They will shot blast almost any steel tank you bring them whether you ask them to or not, however, so figure that into the cost.

They return cylinders to you completely empty.

They will also accept cylinders sent to them via UPS or whatever, which might make sense if you're outstate and only have one or two.

I don't think they do any valve work, but I didn't ask.

The only thing to watch is that, if you have PST high-pressure cylinders, PST has a service bulletin out that specifies that the cylinders should be pressurized to 90% of test pressure before hydro as good tanks will often fail if this isn't done. All-safe is unwilling to do this based on their interpretation of the DOT regulations. They are up front about it, at least. I dropped my PST cylinders off at Nardini instead.
02-18-2016, 10:29 AM,
Good Info to pass along, I brought some tanks to them a few years ago as well and thought the prices were good then too, Its still a trip to a dive shop after this to fill them which is 10 bucks, so the local dive shops hydro combined with fill aren't too far out of line.
02-19-2016, 04:26 PM,

The main reason IMO to use All-safe is that their shot blasting process is extremely thorough and very reasonably priced. Their visual eddy test is also cheaper than the LDSs that still offer it, so if you have pre-1990 aluminum tanks, that's a reason to use them.