Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 2nd Annual 2011-2012 Icing Challenge
03-16-2012, 06:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2012, 06:56 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: TRINITY'S 2nd Annual 2011-2012 Icing Challenge

Last year was a hoot...(I got a really big bang out of it you might say) but I had to re-align my priorities this ice season. This construction project I am finishing up was a monster. $163 million dollars in 17 months. It wasn't as much as when we built Target Field ($544 million) but we had 7 superintendents to keep an eye on that one. It peaked out at 800 people on site with the 3 shifts running around the clock. Finished on schedule, under budget and no lost time injuries.  Smile I was busier than a one legged man in a but kickin' contest through January. Then the punchlist lasted through February. Then a couple weeks in Puerto Rico to try and get my mind right again before the next one starts. I said it before... all work and no play makes this Jack a dull boy. Last years challenge had something to dive for (a way to keep score so to speak). This years challenge was... 3 or 4 people swimming in circles. The challenge was... what? :-\ I really wished I could have allocated my time better this ice season and dove more, but it wasn't in the cards. Maybe next year I will be on a low/no stress project, and slip out of the house every Saturday morning. Wink
03-16-2012, 07:35 PM,

I knew that you had your hands full with work.  ;D  I was just trying to stir the pot.  >Big Grin  I am surprised that I didn't get Nate to bite.  Tongue

We will have to meet up this open water season, to do some diving together.  Maybe Crosby, or Superior.  Bunch of us get together for a weekend.  >Big Grin ;D >Big Grin
03-16-2012, 07:52 PM,
Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to it.
03-17-2012, 05:22 AM,
grays bay is open water half the bay. on causeway side it is still frozen, roughly half foot of open water to bridge for the ice. wayzatta is the same way. upper lake is still froze with almost no open shoreline. wont last long. it is the last days. channels are all open. water on lower lake is crystal clear, upper lake is typical murky green. clearest water for the upper lake was December just before freeze up. lower lake was clearer around excelsior in mid winter. but i think wayzata was actually clearer in DEC just before ice up than mid winter.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
03-19-2012, 08:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012, 08:29 PM by arcFlash.)
I wasn't much of a diver in the ice season but my sled was and I was happy to let Terry and team use it so they could get their gear out on the ice but the condition of the tow rope was horrible and if any of them were sailors the captain would have made them walk the plank.

As you can see from the attached photo, knot is this and why did you find it necessary to put in my rope?? I had to use the Fid in the photo and 30 minutes of bitework skills to clear the "jam"

Attached Files
.jpg   C360_2012-03-18-17-18-57.jpg (Size: 632.84 KB / Downloads: 39)
.jpg   C360_2012-03-18-17-18-57.jpg (Size: 632.84 KB / Downloads: 39)
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
03-20-2012, 05:23 AM,

I totally agree Steve! I couldn't even begin to figure out how to undo it so I just sent it back hoping you might not notice. I seem to recall a knot tieing class between JJ, Zac and Rachel out on Shady Oak, then the next thing I saw they all took off, running? Might require a hull dragging for the parentage of that group.  Wink
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
03-20-2012, 09:33 AM,
Outwit, out play, out dive!  ;D. Last years competition was fun. I still smile and laugh when I think about it! Glad team G got alot of diving in this year. Our big discovery got put on hold with the ice conditions.... :-X stay tuned.....

I knew that you had your hands full with work.   ;D  I was just trying to stir the pot.  >Big Grin  I am surprised that I didn't get Nate to bite.  Tongue

We will have to meet up this open water season, to do some diving together.  Maybe Crosby, or Superior.  Bunch of us get together for a weekend.   >Big Grin ;D >Big Grin
[/quote]
03-20-2012, 06:31 PM,

Woo, wait a minute here.  I recall all those knots being in it yet on Minnetonka, when my kids weren't even there.  ???  Tell Steve the truth..  ;D

And my kids names are Zack, and Raquel.  Tongue  ;D
03-20-2012, 07:58 PM,

I dont know anything about nots, I mean knots, but I've named a lot of things, and have friends from the old country, and they know those kids are named Rachel and Zac. So whose got a jump in them this weekend?
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
03-20-2012, 08:09 PM,
Where are we going?  I have my boat ready to go.  Had it out this weekend at a local lake, for a test run.

Pick a lake, and lets go.