Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 2nd Annual 2011-2012 Icing Challenge
01-11-2012, 01:35 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 2nd Annual 2011-2012 Icing Challenge
his yellow primary also has a flexible elbow that give the illusion of the hose not being connected. it is at 90deg at this point.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
01-11-2012, 03:55 PM,

There are some routing issue, like his second (neck) is under the line and would get pulled out of his mouth.

The yellow "long hose" doesn't lay flat and creates a mess of hose as well as not staying in the belt.

Low pressure inflator is too long. It should stop at the shoulder. This keeps the pony clear and makes the D ring usable without messing about moving a hose.

The garrote line he attaches to the computer is already 'deployed' and ready to kill.

I don't know where his knife is. It should be on the left side of the waist holding the yellow hose low and across the body.

He closes the gear gap by being a very good diver but I'll see about 'fixing' these next dive.  ;D

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-12-2012, 01:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012, 04:00 PM by mermaid.)

LOL, at least his pony doesn't need any hoses!

Okay Robert, how about posting a pic of your set up and let's see how confusing it is!  ;D

The farther back you can look, the farther forward you will see . . . Winston Churchill
01-12-2012, 01:43 PM,

Okay, he has routing issues, and I often have "getting geared up" issues :Smile.  I'm still wondering what (it looks like) his secondary reg is hanging from (it looks like a black cord), and what is usually stored in the black pouch on his right hand side?

P.S. Thanks for all the help guys!  Smile
The farther back you can look, the farther forward you will see . . . Winston Churchill
01-12-2012, 02:28 PM,
;D that is somewhat of a flamboyant set up.I would think an electrician wouldn't have his lines crossed so much.  :o  ;D Maybe the hat provides enough distraction.....

Glad you guys are getting in so much diving. Look forward to more posts. I'm still dreaming of the warm blue water........ 8)

There are some routing issue, like his second (neck) is under the line and would get pulled out of his mouth.

The yellow "long hose" doesn't lay flat and creates a mess of hose as well as not staying in the belt.

Low pressure inflator is too long. It should stop at the shoulder. This keeps the pony clear and makes the D ring usable without messing about moving a hose.

The garrote line he attaches to the computer is already 'deployed' and ready to kill.

I don't know where his knife is. It should be on the left side of the waist holding the yellow hose low and across the body.

He closes the gear gap by being a very good diver but I'll see about 'fixing' these next dive.  ;D

[/quote] g
01-12-2012, 04:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012, 04:45 PM by scubafreek864.)

LOL, at least his pony doesn't need any hoses!

Okay Robert, how about posting a pic of your set up and let's see how confusing it is!  ;D

[/quote]

You must have been thrown off by the color of his primary hose.   You can get hoses in many different colors.  He just happened to pick this one. 

Hmmmm.  I would be hard pressed to dive with a pony that didn't have any hoses on it.   ???  It would be pretty interesting trying to suck air right out of the tank valve, but I bet it could be done.   :-\

His secondary reg is attached to his neck with a neckless bungee.

I will have to have the guys take some pics of my set up next time out diving.   Smile

That pouch you see is part of his weight harness.
01-12-2012, 05:26 PM,
[quote author=Shooter link=topic=7035.msg41059#msg41059 date=1326400122]
;D that is somewhat of a flamboyant set up

I like flamboyant too, in honor of the late, great, Freddy Mercury, Queen's lead singer, that Shooter liked as background music towards the tail end of last years challenge, singing, "We are the Champions", it always made me smile. Glad to see you still out there Nate, you know buddy, you get the urge to jump, your ALWAYS welcome with us, I've always got my phone with on the ice.  So if you look out from your shop on a Sat. and see some raging blizzard lizard, and dont feel you want to join Dangerous Dave Torry down in the gulf, just yet, grab that phone. I look forward to it.      Trinity      952-201-3029
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
01-12-2012, 07:34 PM,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought ponies were equipped with a mouth piece that is attached directly to the top of the tank  ???

That's IT Robert...the neckless BUNGEE !!  I was thinking it was something like that, but I wasn't sure  ;D

Yes, pics of your set up would be good.  Looking forward to seeing those  Smile

Part of his weight harness, huh?  With his mask, fins, and pony being bright yellow, so they're seen under water, I thought his weight harness would be a bright color too.

Maybe, if I ask REALLY NICE, the guys be willing to post a close up pic of how the mouth piece is attached to the pony  ???  ;D         
01-12-2012, 07:45 PM,

Part of his weight harness, huh?  With his mask, fins, and pony being bright yellow, so they're seen under water, I thought his weight harness would be a bright color too.

Only if YOU were wearing it! LMAO Smile-
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
01-12-2012, 07:54 PM,
This is a pic of my pony set up(redundant air supply)

The "pony" you are thinking of is a spare air, or "scare air" as some may call it.

Attached Files
.jpg   100_1556.JPG (Size: 884.39 KB / Downloads: 38)
.jpg   100_1556.JPG (Size: 884.39 KB / Downloads: 38)