Remember me
Lost Password Register

It's Been a Fun Ride
01-04-2012, 08:15 PM,
It's Been a Fun Ride
To all my old and young dive buddies out threre, former students, etc., it's been a fun ride.

I have accepted a Tooling Engineer position with John Deere in Thibodaux, Louisiana (45 miles west of New Orleans) and will be leaving Minnesota on or about January 17th. So if you are ever down south and looking for a dive buddy to dive the Gulf, let me know.

By the way, Mardi Gras isn't that far off, party time!!!

Toby Keith said it best, "Nights I Can't Remember, Friends I Will Never Forget."
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
01-04-2012, 09:33 PM,
Re: It's Been a Fun Ride
Keep in touch with us up here. 

You still have some time to do some ice diving before you leave.  ;D
01-05-2012, 06:49 AM,
Hey, good luck Dave.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
01-05-2012, 02:43 PM,
We'll always have Crosby.  :'( <he he he>
Good bye buddy.

Dave and I did a night dive in Portsmouth a few years back. It's still one of the best dives I've ever had and I couldn't have had a better buddy. Not only did we see lots of enormous fish but surfaced in fog and had quite a laugh trying to find our exit.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-05-2012, 06:27 PM,
                       Ahhh, Dangerous, Dangerous, Dave,
                                   The Impulse will never be the same, well dont know that the swim platform ever will be, anyway  Wink. We sure had some good times. Dont you be down there just breaking hearts in all those Cajun queens, or go soft from all that warm salt water either. I'll have to see if I cant make a run down to dive that Mississippi slop bucket they call the gulf with you. Heres pics to show how tough you use to be. Wink Always good luck to you my friend!   Trinity

Dave say it isn't so!! :o( I will miss my camping, boating and chatting buddy...how could you possibly leave me??? I will miss your kind spirit, big heart and great stories...is this sounding like a eulogy?? You go knock those ladies over with your Northern charm. I sure will miss you....   Molly

Attached Files
.jpg   Ts Canon pics 062.jpg (Size: 1,020.76 KB / Downloads: 82)
.jpg   Ts Canon pics 062.jpg (Size: 1,020.76 KB / Downloads: 82)
.jpg   Ts Canon pics 067.jpg (Size: 986.86 KB / Downloads: 70)
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
01-13-2012, 08:42 PM,
Congrats on the new job and best wishes.  Brandon......... OW Student of '05!!!
02-05-2012, 01:46 PM,
A few years ago I posted a couple of our ice dives on U-Tube, I had the guys I work with view the videos, they thought we were nuts for going under the ice. Told them we always had the "time of our lives" doing this because it sometimes takes a different bread of diver to do this.

Brandon,
Good to see you are still diving. It can be a lifelong passion if you get hooked-up with the right people.

I hope to go over to Baton Rouge next weekend, check out a few dive stores. I think I have had the AC on every day I have been here, humid, and they say wait until August. Temps around 7am typically are in the mid to upper 60's.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
02-05-2012, 02:07 PM,
Its been fun diving with you Dave, oh hey, any chance you recognize this guy??

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
02-20-2012, 08:37 PM,
You guys, always screwing with me.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201