Remember me
Lost Password Register

WW2 Wreck found that may have 3 billion dollars of platinum inside
02-07-2012, 11:55 AM,
WW2 Wreck found that may have 3 billion dollars of platinum inside
I saw this article on the net today:
According to the article, a treasure hunter said he has located the wreck of a British merchant ship that was torpedoed by a German U-boat off Cape Cod during World War II while carrying what he claims was a load of platinum bars now worth more than $3 billion. Near the end of the article there are comparisons to other treasure hunting escapades.
In light of recent conversations... I thought it was amusing Wink
02-07-2012, 12:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2012, 03:48 PM by Shooter.)
Re: WW2 Wreck found that may have 3 billion dollars of platinum inside
Those villians!  ;D ;D

"Looty goes platinum!"

February 6 at 9:21pm · LikeUnlike.Maritime Heritage Minnesota.
Well, not all publicity is good publicity.
As we stated in our first posting, we're happy to do our own work and we'll not be going back to that
forum. It's not useful for promoting archaeology and history. The fact that Mel Fisher's name was
brought up - and I forgot to give my opinion of him when responding to so many other questions and
only remembered it after the fact - indicates that at least some of the people there condone the vile
things Fisher did - otherwise the question wouldn't have been asked. MHM really doesn't need this
stuff.

and this is why the color yellow makes me sad  :'(  :Smile

" the honey badger don't care! The honey badger doesnt give a crap. The honey badger takes what it wants!"

02-07-2012, 01:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2012, 11:59 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Maybe I should have posted this in "Lost and Found"... First the platinum is lost and then its found ;D
Here is a link to live price charts for gold, silver, palladium, and platinum.

These charts go back 10 years historically and I am suprised that platinum is worth less than gold. The article claims that all of the platinum that has ever been mined in the whole world would fit inside a 25' cube. In another article it claimed that all the gold ever mined in the whole world (to date) would fit inside an 82' cube. The annual amount of gold currently being mined throughout the world would fit in a 14' cube.
02-07-2012, 05:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2012, 05:26 PM by Hydro.)
honey badger needs scuba gear shooter.....oh i see its behind him

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
02-08-2012, 10:57 AM,
[quote='Hydro link' pid='6654' dateline='1328656923']
honey badger needs scuba gear shooter.....oh i see its behind him

Honey badger dont need scuba gear, honey badger can freedive down and take what it wants! Honey badger eats unicorns for breakfast!  ;D

I cant believe I watched the whole clip... ???

[/quote]
02-08-2012, 12:10 PM,
Oh man yeah the clip is terrible, my friends made me watch it  :-\

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
02-08-2012, 05:14 PM,
Joe I want 6 min. underwater that was going to be yours, to make up for my 6 min. watching that  :'(
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)