Remember me
Lost Password Register

Prism 2 Rebreather
02-14-2012, 11:31 AM,
Prism 2 Rebreather
I just got back from a week of training with the Hollis factory reps in Orlando and Ocala Florida.  Wow, what an impressive new addition to the rebreather community.  I am very excited to take delivery of this rebreather soon and start training divers.  For those who know the history of the Prism and Prism Topaz rebreather, it has been a long road since Hollis purchased the rights to manufacture, but I would say it is worth it with when I see the new Prism 2. 

The features that make the Prism 2 special is:  Shearwater electronics (primary and HUD), which are the foundation for several rebreathers and rock solid, electronics have special plugs that allow the removal and replacement of wiring looms without factory (this includes cells wiring and battery), external battery compartments to avoid any gassing issues into the loop, clear scrubber basket which allows not only the ability to see if a flood occurs and the greater thermal capacity to keep the scrubber and gas warm, unique anotomical lung that sits OTS yet has lower profile - plus the unique drains at bottom of each, Radial scrubber with flow characteristics at the top to allow moisture to drop out to the can keeping the cells drier,  and more and more....

It was a pleasure to spend the week with an old friend Aldo from Italy, and to meet the Prism team!  Topside pictures courtesy of Chauncey, and Aldo.

Good Diving

Ron

Attached Files
.jpg   ALD_0317.jpg (Size: 341.34 KB / Downloads: 69)
.jpg   CBC_4866.jpg (Size: 65.41 KB / Downloads: 76)
.jpg   ALD_0210.jpg (Size: 254.68 KB / Downloads: 85)
.jpg   ALD_0317.jpg (Size: 341.34 KB / Downloads: 69)
.jpg   CBC_4866.jpg (Size: 65.41 KB / Downloads: 76)
.jpg   ALD_0210.jpg (Size: 254.68 KB / Downloads: 85)
.jpg   Prism 2 46.JPG (Size: 117.25 KB / Downloads: 71)
.jpg   Prism 2 46.JPG (Size: 117.25 KB / Downloads: 72)
Start with training, continue with adventures.
02-14-2012, 12:06 PM,
Re: Prism 2 Rebreather
thats a clean looking rebreather Ron!
TDI Advance Nitrox an Deco Trimix an Cave
02-14-2012, 06:50 PM,
Re: Prism 2 Rebreather
Yep, I think the engineers were pretty stoked up that they brought 18 units and let a bunch of rebreather instructors (gorillas) Tongue dive them for a week and they all worked exceedingly well  ;D

But they got a lot of flack from the public for taking so long from buying the rights to now getting ready to release.

Ron
Start with training, continue with adventures.