Remember me
Lost Password Register

undergarment temp questions?
03-06-2012, 08:50 PM,
undergarment temp questions?
I have just purchased myself a drysuit, a DUI CLX450, and have a question about your guys undergarment needs up here:-) I currently have the bare sb system base, and sb system mid layer undergarments on the way.

I'm sure its sacrilege to wear bare stuff under a DUI, but I get an awesome deal on bare stuff through my brother.

I don't plan on any ice diving yet this year, but as soon as it's off, I'll be out there. Would this be enough for you guys/gals?  Also have si-tech dry gloves installed. I am a warmblooded individual for the most part. I went down to 116' 38deg on wazee last october in a 7mm wetsuit, and didn't die:-) definitely wouldn't do it again unless I lost something near and dear! Just trying to get a feel for the real world, and holy cow the polar fleece unders are spendy!!

thanks!
03-06-2012, 09:15 PM,
Re: undergarment temp questions?
I have the CT200 from Bare and they do just fine for me for summer diving.  For ice diving, I just add some under armor 3.0 under the CT200, and find myself a little too warm with both of them on.
03-06-2012, 09:29 PM,
If you get an awesome deal on Bare, why'd you buy a DUI Suit?  Same guy trying to sell you the new regulator Wink
Just curious.
I've used the Bare CT200, as well as one of their high loft products and then I switched to Weezle Extreme Plus and have recently supplemented with a heated vest.  I also have a few dives on the 4th Element Halo 3D.  The Halo 3D fits really well, and dumps gas a lot better than the Weezle does, but it isn't anywhere near as warm. 

The insulation you need is really going to depend on the dives you are planning to do.  If you are using a single tank and bouncing down into the colder water, you might be fine, but if you have longer run times and decompression obligations, warmer is better because you can't surface just because you are cold.  I would have gone the other route and  bought the warmest stuff Bare makes and see if you need to go backward from there.  I might be in the minority, but I've rarely been too warm during a dive.  On the plus side, it looks as though the stuff you have coming will work layered with some other insulation if you find you are getting cold.
03-06-2012, 09:42 PM,

hahaha, no still got a better deal on the DUI, than a new Bare at my price.. plus local service with the DUI in sioux falls sd, just under 2 hours away:-)
03-06-2012, 09:44 PM,

ok, thanks. I'll look at the under armor.
03-06-2012, 09:46 PM,

yeah for now it's just single tank dives, no deco stops, only the "safety stop" if I go deep enough:-)