Remember me
Lost Password Register

Gas Booster
08-19-2003, 09:15 PM,
Gas Booster
I thought the group might be interested in this. Shown in the photo is a new kind of gas booster that I recently bought. Runs on compressed air either from a shop compressor or it can be run from a SCUBA tank through a first stage using the BC hose. The drive gas connection is a standard male BC fitting. If you input about 200 PSI of drive gas you can boost 500 PSI from the source gas cylinder to 3600 PSI output. Another awesome feature is that the booster is oxygen service. This is a small booster that was designed and built by a rebreather diver primarily for filling small cylinders (30 cubic feet or less) typically used on rebreathers. I haven't used it a great deal yet, but as I previously said, I can get up to 3600 PSI output from 500 PSI source gas while using around 2-3 SCFM of drive gas. I get a fill rate of about 2-5 PSI per second in a 25 cubic foot tank. This booster is not something I would recommend for filling large tanks becasue it would take a long time but it will be great for rebreather tanks and for bringing along when I travel with my rebreather because the booster itself is really small and light weight. I got it from a company called Jetsam Technologies in Canada. Cost was $1000 US each for the initial batch of product and I was told that the cost might go up for the next batch. Was kind of difficult to get becasue I had to get on a waiting list and it took about 6 months to finally get it. The company website is . This booster is not shown on the site but there is a nice looking electric booster shown that sells for $2800 US that might be more appropriate for filling larger cylinders. If you have much knowledge of oxygen service boosters you will certainly know that even $2800 is a pretty low price for one of these.

Attached Files
.jpg   booster.jpg (Size: 96.89 KB / Downloads: 52)
.jpg_thumb   booster.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.37 KB / Downloads: 0)
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
07-15-2004, 11:00 AM,
Re:Gas Booster
John, now that you have had you booster for a while. are you still happy with it?

Do you find that used scuba tanks are enough to drive the booster, or have you gone to just using it with a compressor?