Remember me
Lost Password Register

what to do when mother in law moves in
03-27-2012, 06:00 AM,
what to do when mother in law moves in
what to do when mother in law moves in? my mother in law informed me that shes moving in with us for the day.  now suddenly im instructed to move all my dive gear out  of the main walk ways and stuff my gear downstairs etc. I dont want to... and have a temporary clean up.
.she doesn't get it, that if we wanted her to visit we would have asked.

what can i do to make it uncomfortable for her to the point she won't do it again or better yet will walk out.

sss
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
03-27-2012, 06:01 AM,
Re: what to do when mother in law moves in
ohh so far my best idea is to walk around nude with my.....(sensored)...in hand
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
03-27-2012, 07:11 AM,
Get her to read mnscuba.com.
Cold and dark down there huh?
03-27-2012, 08:18 AM,

just make sure you know that she won't LIKE this before you try it! Wink
(that might make the wife leave instead of MIL...)
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
03-27-2012, 11:44 AM,
Tell her that the garage is where she is going to be staying, and chuck her stuff out in it!  >Big Grin  ;D
03-28-2012, 08:52 AM,

Fortunately, I dont need to worry about this, but my advice would be to learn to love your MIL, because thats your best bet as to what the little woman will become 25 years from now, so you married guys get on that now.        Trinity
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
03-29-2012, 03:01 PM,

Why am I not shocked???  :o

Hey Stef,

You and your wife just keep doing what you want whether your MIL likes it or not.  Don't want to move your stuff???  Don't.  MIL complains, tell her that neither of you asked her to visit OR move in.  (of course you'll want to make sure your wife will support you on this, or walking around nude with your..um..joy stick in hand may be the only attention it gets.)     
The farther back you can look, the farther forward you will see . . . Winston Churchill
03-30-2012, 04:31 PM,

well survived the visit. actually worked out nicely. had a nice visit,and she left without anything exciting. as to the joy stick... looking at my new boat, i lost all reality, i laughed and the wife had to yell at me. i was having an affair with my new boat. or at least in my mind. man i love her(the new boat).. i can feel the love. just got to name her. ...
03-30-2012, 06:52 PM,

well survived the visit. actually worked out nicely. had a nice visit,and she left without anything exciting. as to the joy stick... looking at my new boat, i lost all reality, i laughed and the wife had to yell at me. i was having an affair with my new boat. or at least in my mind. man i love her(the new boat).. i can feel the love. just got to name her. ...
[/quote]

Stephan,

I just don't want to see you on that new reality show "my strange addiction", kissing and making out with your boat!  ;D  :o