Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Elmo dive
04-07-2003, 08:36 AM,
Lake Elmo dive
;D I'll be out at lake Elmo April 8th at 5:30pm to do a dive. For those of you not familier with the lake you enter through the park and go to the boat launch. from there we will start the dive. The ice is off the lake but i'm not sure about the clarity of the water. If i don't see you at Lake Elmo, hopefully i'll see you at Square lake on Wednesday. later

Jason Smile
04-07-2003, 10:03 AM,
Re:Lake Elmo dive
Jason, I've heard that the park rangers kick you out if you dive from that spot. Have you heard that? I dove there last spring and finished the dive without a problem. Just as we were leaving the boat launch a sheriff pulls in. I thought geez I hope he wasn't looking for us! Thanks, Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
04-07-2003, 10:05 AM,
I got the same information last year on that dive spot. We didn't have the courage to try it so we went and did Square.
Someone told me that since all the land on Elmo is private , the only way to dive it is from a boat....
But I don't know if that is true or not....

Thanks...Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
04-07-2003, 10:13 AM,

I dove there last year about 10 times and never had a problem. i ran into the park ranger when they were putting their boat in but they didn't say anything to me. As far as i know everything is okay. I'll let you know if i have any problems and will put a report of the dive on the message board. thanks Jason.
04-07-2003, 10:23 AM,
Smile The land around Lake Elmo is Private except for the Park where you pay a fee, just like square lake. I know last year in late July the vis was 5-8 feet but was told earlier in the season its much clearer. It would be nice to have a boat to try different areas but you don't need one. you can reach 45+ feet within 80-100 yards from the shore. Thanks for the replies and if i don't see ya tomorrow hopefully i'll see everyone on wednesday and give you a dive report. thanks Jason. Smile
04-07-2003, 11:08 AM,
Jason,
Are you diving solo?
Dan
Dan L
04-07-2003, 11:12 AM,
Jason,
Are you diving solo?
Dan
Dan L
04-07-2003, 01:06 PM,

Dan,

i will be diving Solo unless someone shows up. thanks Jason. Smile
04-07-2003, 02:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2003, 04:19 PM by airdownthere.)
Although the boat launch is questionable I have been told that diving from the fishing pier is ok. There is no boat traffic and the parking lot above has stairs leading to it.
Scott Wemyss<br />Air Down There SCUBA <br />9 East Little Canada Road<br />Little Canada, MN 55117<br />(651) 482-0977<br />www.airdownthere.com<br />airdownthere@msn.com
04-07-2003, 02:33 PM,
scott,

nice shop i stopped by on saturday and picked up some info. i'm looking forward to you getting Nitrox. My roomate will be calling you soon to sign up for classroom and open water. later Jason.