Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Remote Access Dive Vehicle
04-01-2012, 04:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012, 04:09 PM by DetectorGuy.)
New Remote Access Dive Vehicle
I just got a new R.A.D.V. last night. Its a Can Am XT side by side sport utility vehicle. I was torn between getting the Polaris Ranger that had 1,000 pound capacity in the box or the sportier Polaris RZR that had 300 pound capacity in a much smaller box. The Ranger seemed to lack power even with the 800 cc engine, but the RZR was lighter and with the same size engine, it is more for fun than utility. I went a completely different direction and went with the Can Am XT 1,000 cc. It has 600 pound capacity in the box with more room in the cab. Its a little on the heavy side at just under 1,300 pounds, but its still does about 78 MPH. It might be a bit too wide at 58" to be as nimble as the typical 4 wheeler, but compromise and sacrifice was necessary to get the payload and the performance. I think it will haul a couple divers and their gear no problem in the box, and more gear towing a trailer behind it. Its a little bigger than a mini cooper

Attached Files
.jpg   PICT1.jpg (Size: 848.95 KB / Downloads: 34)
.jpg   PICT2.jpg (Size: 858.01 KB / Downloads: 34)
.jpg   PICT3.jpg (Size: 601.2 KB / Downloads: 27)
.jpg   PICT4.jpg (Size: 814.24 KB / Downloads: 41)
.jpg   PICT1.jpg (Size: 848.95 KB / Downloads: 34)
.jpg   PICT2.jpg (Size: 858.01 KB / Downloads: 34)
.jpg   PICT3.jpg (Size: 601.2 KB / Downloads: 27)
.jpg   PICT4.jpg (Size: 814.24 KB / Downloads: 41)
04-02-2012, 04:49 PM,
Re: New Remote Access Dive Vehicle
Looks like fun. Where are you going to use it?
--Jason
04-02-2012, 06:24 PM,
I have a small hobby farm by Isanti. I would use it around there about a third of the time checking fences and feeding the horses. I will use it for ice diving if the ice is too thin for the jeep and for accessing remote dive sites where the jeep won't fit. That would be another third. The rest of the time I will take it on class 2 state trails up north and on the logging roads around Longville\Remer. I would like to explore the trails around Crosby\Ironton but usually I am more focused on diving when I get near there. I think it will give us something to do as a family so that isn't  all bad.
04-02-2012, 09:12 PM,
I know a young man that on his first drive(borrowing a friends) ran into an object, thus toasting an expensive machine similar. not long after that fictitious story that same young man asked his dad if he'd buy him one.

not that being thrown clear off in the air and almost dieing wasn't enough. or the $8,000 damage.

but it would be nice ice diving

....that what jj saidSmile
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;