Remember me
Lost Password Register

Differences in Air quality
04-05-2012, 06:19 PM,
Re: Differences in Air quality
actually i was hoping for a more detailed explanation of particularly oil contamination. as i was reading that in the rare event of oil contamination from oil based compressors(which most compressors are), that some types of oil are lethal because the body can not remove the oil coating from the lung membrane, and there currently is no medical cure for this type of accident.  my curiosity is to have a more deeper understanding of this toxic process, and what if any backup measures are in place in the scuba industry. are the oils used in these compressors safe if there was a chance contamination. if the oil is not safe, is there a secondary back up filtration method to double remove these from the air stream? as i understand they use food grade oil, but is that to say the food grade oil is something the body can break down and or deal with in the event of contamination to the lung surface?
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;

Messages In This Thread
Differences in Air quality - by popolarbear - 04-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Re: Differences in Air quality - by popolarbear - 04-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Re: Differences in Air quality - by Chris H - 04-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Re: Differences in Air quality - by arcFlash - 04-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Re: Differences in Air quality - by Hydro - 04-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Re: Differences in Air quality - by Chris H - 04-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Re: Differences in Air quality - by popolarbear - 04-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Re: Differences in Air quality - by Chris H - 04-05-2012, 08:26 PM