Remember me
Lost Password Register

lake Volney near Le Center, M.N.
05-03-2012, 09:25 AM,
lake Volney near Le Center, M.N.
  Just curious if anyone has done any diving in this lake? I'm looking for something closer to home here in Mankato. I have tried Fish lake outside Elysian, it was O.K. and would be willing to go back but at the same time I would like to explore new possibilities. Anyone up for trying either lake this weekend, post here or P.M. me!

Thanks
~Rick
05-07-2012, 08:49 PM,
Re: lake Volney near Le Center, M.N.
I drove by it in July last year, trying to find a friend's house.  Looked kind of "pea soup Green" at the time.  But in July, what lakes don't look green? 
Have you checked out Ballantyne and Duck lakes in Madison Lake?  What about Lake Washington?
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
05-10-2012, 12:45 PM,
  I have not physically looked at the clarity of Ballantyne, Duck, Madison, or Lake Washington. I did take the time to look at the DNR website to see what they had found, and all four of the lakes had less then four feet visibility. Volney lake has 12.5 feet visibility, and Fish Lake has 15 feet of visibility. (according to the DNR website) That doesn't mean that I would not want to try diving any of these lakes, in fact if you or anyone else would like to give it a shot let me know!  ;D

~Rick
05-10-2012, 12:48 PM,
I used to dive Fish Lake 8 or 9 years ago. The visibility at that time was on par with Square Lake. We stopped going there once the visibility started declining. We always heard stories about monster sized catfish in that lake from local fishermen.
--Jason
05-11-2012, 11:17 AM,
I tried to dive Fish Lake last year, but we went a day after it rained so visibility was probably about 3 feet.  Sad Didn't see any monster cats though ??? Doubt this weekend would provide good visibility with the rain we have had, but that wouldn't deter me from trying. Thanks for the reply!

~Rick
05-20-2012, 05:28 AM,
wait, wait, whats this about monster catfish. could you be more specific were this fish lake is? there are so many fish lakes.

stef...
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-22-2012, 07:30 AM,
  From Elysian (hwy 60) go north on county rd 11, then take a right on Ridge rd/county rd 14, and left on Fish lake ln.

Didn't get a chance to dive Fish last weekend, but Lake Volney was O.K.  Found a anchor and a Pepsi can from 1976.

~Rick