Remember me
Lost Password Register

rare form of warm water swimmers meningitis death
08-28-2010, 01:29 AM,
rare form of warm water swimmers meningitis death
Rare form of warm water amoeba caused meningitis caused 7 year old swimmers death.
State claims this does not signal any increased risk to the public from any particular body of water, and people should not avoid swimming. Interesting to be aware of.

&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
08-30-2010, 09:48 AM,
Re: rare form of warm water swimmers meningitis death
There were a couple of those last year that I read about.
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
08-11-2012, 04:31 AM,
here, second death. same lake one year later!

&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
08-17-2012, 06:09 PM,
News reports claimed that a swimmer would have to take in/inhale the amoeba-contaminated lake water through the nose to risk developing meningitis.  Swallowing the
water would not cause the illness. 
The farther back you can look, the farther forward you will see . . . Winston Churchill