Remember me
Lost Password Register

Christmas Lake dive today
05-10-2012, 10:07 PM,
Christmas Lake dive today
Hi,
  Yes did the walk and dove Christmas off Holly Lane today.
  The classical speedboat my friend Bruce Setterholm is in 25feet of water next to the dive platform,plus depth gauge checkers pipes forced in to the bottom..
  There is one at 25 feet another at 30 feet near the other boat.
  The pipe has a round disc on it used to say depth check Travis diving.
  Bob Travis Keagle started Travis diving in the early 60's,there was alos Midwest Skindiving with Gene Betz,Steve Hallin, Undewaterworld Merrit Bartlett Naui 201.

Started diving there in 1963 vis today 20 feet nice and warm.
  too bad no one dives there any more,it was a Favorite  for training many divers thru out the years.
                    Jerry  >Big Grin Big Grin ;D
05-11-2012, 07:56 AM,
Re: Christmas Lake dive today
Thanks for providing some of the dive history related to this lake. I don't think people dive there anymore because the boat ramp gets so crowded in the summer months. Also, the visibility is very poor in the summer due to all the fertilizer used at the surrounding lake homes.
--Jason
05-11-2012, 12:37 PM,

is this a secret shore access. or do you need local permission to access from holly lane? my one visit to christmas I was under the impression although it had fair clarity
, it had very soft bottom, not much for large fish, but also i didnt see the area with the platforms and other sunk junk. the boat launch area was rough also.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-11-2012, 11:26 PM,
Hi,
  you can drive SLOWLY down to the locked gate and drop off your gear.
  parking is about two blocks away.
  You can climb that fence be courteous and quiet no one should bother you.

Straight out from the landing is the boats dive platform etc.
        Jerry Big Grin
05-12-2012, 09:54 PM,
any interest in doing a group dive. i would like to try this out, but would like to go with someone who has done it like this before.
I think im losing my cahonas as im geting too old to experiment with jumping fences.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-29-2014, 03:38 PM,
RE: Christmas Lake dive today
[quote='seahuntjerry' pid='38119' dateline='1336709277']
Hi,
  Yes did the walk and dove Christmas off Holly Lane today.
  The classical speedboat my friend Bruce Setterholm is in 25feet of water next to the dive platform,plus depth gauge checkers pipes forced in to the bottom..
  There is one at 25 feet another at 30 feet near the other boat.
  The pipe has a round disc on it used to say depth check Travis diving.
  Bob Travis Keagle started Travis diving in the early 60's,there was alos Midwest Skindiving with Gene Betz,Steve Hallin, Undewaterworld Merrit Bartlett Naui 201.

Started diving there in 1963 vis today 20 feet nice and warm.
  too bad no one dives there any more,it was a Favorite  for training many divers thru out the years.
                    Jerry  >Big Grin Big Grin ;D

Scanned these old photos of the dive markers and sinking the wood boat in Christmas lake. My dad is holding the single marker.

04-29-2014, 05:59 PM,
I met a pastor out there and he said," you look like the kind of guy who has spent many hours in hell", I didn't think it was that obvious, but there's a small church, straight west of the boat launch maybe 200 yds. that when I spoke to the pastor of said (other then Sun. morning) we could park in their parking lot, if the 3-4 stalls of the Christmas Lake launch were full. I have found a fair amount of hard bottom along the eastern shore of Christmas. Popo maybe we can go out there this summer and have a look around
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
04-29-2014, 07:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 07:13 PM by popolarbear.)
sure, call it. what depths did you see hard bottom? ive been running creeks all last week. watching various species of fish spawn. was interesting until the flood came. nothing is left to see.

stef

sonofadiver cool picts thanks for sharing. you should post more vintage pics. start a thread on that subject. 40 years from now,(or sooner) what we are doing now will seem vintage.
04-29-2014, 07:27 PM,

Hey Polarbear-please count me in on a dive at Christmas Lake...I need to get that one in my log book! Cheers
05-02-2014, 05:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014, 05:47 PM by seahuntjerry.)

Sent eamil would like to talk about diving and find out more pictures etc. Jerry lang