Remember me
Lost Password Register

tonka Water clarity fishing opener weekend
05-14-2012, 07:59 PM,
tonka Water clarity fishing opener weekend
Wow!
last weekend(week before opener) vis was nice 20ft or so. nice diving. no boats at all. almost cold out. flash forward 7 days.
what a difference. long lines at boat launch. saw a guy mouth off at the DNR boat volunteers get called in to sherif for plug being in. turned out he had two boat plugs. one that can be left in at the back of boat, and one that is removable from inside and drains down. he narrowly escaped a fine.

this last weekend along shore vis was super low around 8ft or so, but kinda weird as some spots would be clear. didn't have enough time to jump around looking different spots, but i suspect there are some honey holes still with super clear water.

now need the weeds to fill in.
water temp is 64 deg!

&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
05-14-2012, 08:19 PM,
Re: tonka Water clarity fishing opener weekend
meh, soon every yahoo will be plugging the boat ramps to minnetonka like a celebrity home video.  :-\
generally its a waste of a day if you get there after 10am in the summer.

got a report from a secchi disk monitor that sylvia is 15+ right now, they took a reading at like 7pm so not optimal light.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
05-26-2012, 12:06 AM,
tons of rain this last weekend. did a dive this afternoon late(before weekend crowd), and vis was nice 10ft or so close to shore. tons of fish starting to show up. water was 69deg last weekend, today it was 65? kinda strange.

my fingers got shredded again from zebras. fingers swelling up. accidentally squeezed lime while cooking, and wow! threw the lime over to other hand, and got it in the cuts of that hand too. didn't have a hand to hold the lime!
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
06-03-2012, 09:32 PM,
here are some tonka pics. 15ft vis aprox. could see my anchor from the surface in 15ft! vis was unique, strange halo line of clear water, with murky layer, then clear layer. not sure but zebras might be affecting clarity in some layers and depths of the lake. wow if lake clears up, and weedline moves out to 30ft this will be a different lake!

Attached Files
.jpg   PIC_0114tonka june 3 2012.jpg (Size: 182.31 KB / Downloads: 22)
.jpg   PIC_0114tonka june 3 2012.jpg (Size: 182.31 KB / Downloads: 22)
.jpg   PIC_0120.jpg (Size: 220.33 KB / Downloads: 26)
.jpg_thumb   PIC_0120.jpg_thumb (Size: 25.24 KB / Downloads: 0)