Remember me
Lost Password Register

Gear night reminder
04-07-2003, 09:56 AM,
Gear night reminder
I'd just like to remind everyone that Scuba Dive and Travel is holding a gear configuration night tonight at 7:00pm at the store. Check dive shop events for more info.

Happy Diving,
Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
04-07-2003, 10:34 AM,
Re:Gear night reminder
Excellent! War TV is getting old. See everyone there!
04-07-2003, 10:44 AM,
I don't know Gramps, the coverage last night was pretty good! I'll definitely stop by and check out the gear.
--Jason
04-07-2003, 11:13 AM,
Our NBC homeboy, David Bloom, was sad to hear about. Who'd thunk Pulmonary Embolism in the middle of front line war coverage?! He was a good man. Yeah, things are heating up activity wise now that we are starting to "own" Bagdad...I just get tired of sitting there listening to every out of the wood work "expert", going on and on about their speculation on how things will go. 99% of 'em have never served, certainly haven't had any live fire trigger time, and have no idea of what to expect from these people. So, I find myself saying "shut up" frequently and flipping to over to the Clint Eastwood fest on TBS. "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" kinda summed it all up for me the other night.
04-07-2003, 11:57 AM,
Most of the time when I'm not here on mnscuba seems that the war coverage has my attention too. Gramps, I'm with you, I hate speculation.. there is plenty going on over there that we could be getting updates of current events all the time and leave the retired generals to golf rather than to give us their idea of what they think is going on. And not just the retireies either, can't stand some of these anchors that just seem to push and push a worthless point to make some relevant news out of nothing. Speculation.. leave it for the stock markets. I also seem to watch it often enough that seeing the same reels over and over again that I saw the day before really bugs me.
It's interesting.. I have a daughter in the A.F., stationed in KS., and she quit watching the war coverage on the 2nd or 3rd day. Apparently, the folks on her base are very quiet about the war goings on and most feel like they would rather be over there with their friends and comrades. I guess it's frustrating that they feel that they could be helping more over there than here. I'm glad she's stuck stateside!
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
04-07-2003, 02:58 PM,
I never served. Looking back, kinda wish I had. Viet Nam era kid where everyone around me spoke negatively about the armed services in general. It's a much different story today. Honestly if either of my girls ever wanted to step up, I support their decision.

Fred, your daughter's service is appreciated. Tell her thanks.

So, when are we gonna find out about all the cool underwater demolition/infiltration stuff our SEALS did during Gulf2? Huh? We want pictures!, We want deco schedules!, We want dive reports!
04-08-2003, 08:34 AM,
Thanks for putting on the Gear Night at the shop Richard. It was a good time and it was great to be able to meet everyone there and share information. Smile
04-08-2003, 10:03 AM,
Thank you Richard and SD&T for a very enjoyable evening. Learned a lot and talking with everyone is such a treat!!!
And thank you to everybody there that gave me their wonderful assistance and advice!!!!

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
04-08-2003, 10:48 AM,
I just wanted to throw out a big thanks to everyone that came to gear night. It was great to meet some of the faces behind the names. I have one of these nights scheduled for the first Monday of every month. I'll post a reminder about a week before for those who would like to come. Maybe next time the weather will be nice enough to BBQ!!! I had an awesome time thanks to you guys. My only regret was eating too much fat Lorenzos!!!!

Happy Diving,
Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
04-08-2003, 11:27 AM,
No doubt, I kept it down to one piece myself. I need watch what I eat or my drysuit isn't going to fit me if I gain any more weight. LOL!!!! :Smile