Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anyone interested in diving Fish Lake (Le Sueur County)
06-10-2012, 05:57 PM,
Anyone interested in diving Fish Lake (Le Sueur County)
Fish Lake in Le Sueur County is a 78 acre lake north of the town of Elysian, 30 minutes east of Mankato.  I have dove that lake many many times, and usually go there to test new equipment or practice skills.  I would like to find a dive buddy interested to dive there any of the these afternoons, so I can practice skills before I go to other lakes and the Caribbean for this 2012 diving season.  According to MN DNR, "Fish Lake's small and wooded watershed, natural environment designation with little shoreline development, clear water and abundant plant growth make this lake a gem in south central MinnesotA."

To be honest, my experiences in Fish Lake have been mixed with some good dives and other not so good dives.  It depends on recent rain patterns and which section of the lake you dive since some areas tend to have a horrendous muck bottom and other areas have a bottom composition that is more sandy and gravelly with very good quality.  Anyways, if anyone from the Mankato area is interested to dive there, let me know.

cheers,

J.J.
06-13-2012, 09:45 AM,
Re: Anyone interested in diving Fish Lake (Le Sueur County)
Would love too, last night at our Dive Club meeting we talked about this.  We are part of the Owatonna Dive Club.  Name the day and atleast me will show up.
06-17-2012, 08:24 PM,
Re: Anyone interested in diving Fish Lake (Le Sueur County)
I am available any afternoon this week (after 4 pm) but Friday.
09-20-2013, 10:33 PM,
RE: Anyone interested in diving Fish Lake (Le Sueur County)
[quote='josejavierlopez256001' pid='38293' dateline='1339372641']
Fish Lake in Le Sueur County is a 78 acre lake north of the town of Elysian, 30 minutes east of Mankato.  I have dove that lake many many times, and usually go there to test new equipment or practice skills.  I would like to find a dive buddy interested to dive there any of the these afternoons, so I can practice skills before I go to other lakes and the Caribbean for this 2012 diving season.  According to MN DNR, "Fish Lake's small and wooded watershed, natural environment designation with little shoreline development, clear water and abundant plant growth make this lake a gem in south central MinnesotA."

To be honest, my experiences in Fish Lake have been mixed with some good dives and other not so good dives.  It depends on recent rain patterns and which section of the lake you dive since some areas tend to have a horrendous muck bottom and other areas have a bottom composition that is more sandy and gravelly with very good quality.  Anyways, if anyone from the Mankato area is interested to dive there, let me know.

cheers,

J.J.

Hey Jose

Ive dove fish once, but would like to give it another look. I'm planning on diving this Sunday if your free.

Steve T.

[/quote]
Steve T.