Remember me
Lost Password Register

GLSPS Introduction to Underwater Documentatiom Course
07-01-2012, 09:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2012, 09:43 AM by PJK.)
GLSPS Introduction to Underwater Documentatiom Course
The GLSPS would like to invite all members to join us in the first "Introduction to Underwater Documentation Course"

The location of this course will take place in Louise at the Crosby Ironton Mine Pits. 

The Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society has been doing more underwater archeological site survey and mapping for placing shipwrecks on the National Register of Historic Sites and for historic area mappings. To help attain trained divers to participate these projects, the GLSPS is presenting this class on underwater shipwreck documentation.  This is your chance to learn new diving related skills and get involved with exciting GLSPS projects.

The Course will allow you to learn the skills and practice the Documentation of an underwater shipwreck by drawing to scale underwater, measuring with tri-lateration, and transferring the information to a site plan once on shore.

To learn more on the course, please log onto the GLSPS website at or click on this link,  

If you are not busy and are interested in taking this course and do a little diving in the Crosby mines, please join us!!

You can contact us by using the information on the GLSPS website or, using the information below.

Bob Nelson
Project / Course Leader
Bobnelson_glsps@msn.com
612-916-8183

Safe Diving<br />PJK
07-08-2012, 12:06 PM,
Re: GLSPS Introduction to Underwater Documentatiom Course
I spent the day with Bob and a group of divers from all over the state and Iowa, a great bunch  of people and a very interesting class put on by Bob.
Had a great time thanks Bob and GLSPS, its to bad you dont do more of these classes for con-ed.
grumpie
07-20-2012, 08:10 AM,
Re: GLSPS Introduction to Underwater Documentatiom Course
Thanks Grumpie, Bob Nelson said it was a great privilege to have you join us for the Documentation Course.  You added a lot of neat suggestions into the mix!  Thanks again for joining us!!  We hope you can join us on more projects.

Phil Kerber 
Safe Diving<br />PJK