Remember me
Lost Password Register

Sulfide Mining doesn't sound very nice
07-09-2012, 01:48 PM,
Sulfide Mining doesn't sound very nice
I tripped over this so I'm not very well read in but if it's anything like "Fracking" we may want to support the correct side. Is sounds nasty. I don't know fact from hype but it's worth your time to read up and decide. It's better then not knowing.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
07-09-2012, 02:43 PM,
Re: Sulfide Mining doesn't sound very nice

Years ago while having a beer with some locals in the Green Door Bar in Beaver Bay on the North Shore, I mentioned what a good job Judge Miles Lord did finally shutting down Reserve Mining, which had dumped 42,000 tons of taconite tailings a day for 27 years into Lake Superior at Silver Bay. Turned out that might of been the wrong thing to say. I had all I could do to get out without having my ass handed to me. To the miners in Silver Bay, you could dump nuclear waste into their bathtubs if you kept the mine going, and kept them employed. They believed what Reserve told them, that a class A carcinogen was not ANY concern to dump into Superior, (dulution WAS the solution, after all) even though most communities (like Duluth) still today get their drinking water directly from the lake. A good example is Crosby (the Cayuna Range), was up there on Memorial day weekend with all the rain and as we motored my boat out from Alstead, everywhere you looked the next morning the banks had washed out taking the surrounding trees and vegitation with, and the visibility too, more then 40 years after the mine pulled out. No construction project today would be allowed to leave a site with banks so steep ( read, so unstable) that they were still collapsing more then 4 decades later. Do you think they cared then or especially now, hell, just laughed all the way to the bank.    Trinity
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)