Remember me
Lost Password Register

Copper Harbor Diving
07-16-2012, 08:05 PM,
Copper Harbor Diving
In order of most interesting what are the must dive in the Copper Harbor area?  It appears the Mesquite would maybe be #1.  Thanks
07-16-2012, 10:38 PM,
Re: Copper Harbor Diving
YES need a charter or boat.
    Jerry >Big Grin
07-17-2012, 09:17 PM,
Re: Copper Harbor Diving

Without a doubt the Mesquite, is the best (of the known wrecks) in the Keewanaw, easiest boat run is from the boat launch in Lac La Belle, (an inland lake at the same level as Superior) rather then the longer run from Copper Harbor, and allows you to check out the wooden steamer the Langham only 2 miles out the entrance to Lac La Belle on the way, effectively the same depth (85-110') as the Mesquite, so I'd do the Langham on the way back, as there more to see and do on the Mesquite. As a backup, the Wasaga, (25-40' actually in, Copper Harbor) is an interesting wreck, I remember it having a lot of farm tractor seats on it, decent for when the waves are too tough to get out in the open lake. PM me if you have some questions        Trinity
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)