Remember me
Lost Password Register

Maritime Heritage Minnesota
08-02-2012, 04:22 PM,
Re: Maritime Heritage Minnesota
                        Nate, you DO make me smile buddy.  :-*

Now, only the top couple hundred dollars of that outboard have been awarded towards the wieners of the 1st annual icing challenge, the rest, (that would be $500.) were looking for as payment.
                        I'm glad you have reformed your ways, and I look forward to recovering all the stuff you leave on the bottom. I did a little electrical project at a place that holds AA meetings. They had a big sign above the door that says, " AA is not a religion, we cant open the doors of heaven and let you in, but we can open the gates of hell, and let you out".  So, I'm glad you reformed your ways. Now if you can pull in that other bastard, John, and get him on the straight and narrow, like you. Then after that start the reformation of the G men, I wouldn't be diving moonscape nearly as often. Probably the WORST offender is the Arcflash himself, who else would name himself like that, fire and brimstone devil he is! DAMN him anyway! Shooter now that you have seen the LED light, you need to try to show the other bastards, the way! Heres another reformed diver look how happy he is to be boating along with nothing to show for his day!        TRINITY

Attached Files
.jpg   pics 025.JPG (Size: 817.51 KB / Downloads: 44)
.jpg   pics 025.JPG (Size: 817.51 KB / Downloads: 44)
.jpg   pics 026.JPG (Size: 832.35 KB / Downloads: 38)
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
08-02-2012, 05:11 PM,
John wheres the license on your boat?
08-02-2012, 05:20 PM,

THATS RIGHT! WHERE IS IT JOHN!
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
08-02-2012, 06:14 PM,

THATS RIGHT! WHERE IS IT JOHN!
[/quote]
I was concerned that the adhesive from the number kit would eat into the material of the boat, so I made two aluminum plates and put the license and registration on those. They are attached to the rope at each side of the bow. With the puny 15 HP Evinrude I used to run on it, I never had a problem with going fast enough to have those number plates flip over. With that 30 HP that Terry gave... uh... sold me, its hard to keep the wind from flipping them over. Usually when I stop I'll flip them back down. One time Nate and I forgot to flip them down. We were getting our kits on and we had this creepy feeling that like someone was watching us. We scanned the horizon of Forest Lake and the Washington County deputies were glassing us from a half mile away. After they saw us with their binocs looking back at them, they motored over and asked where the registration was. I flipped the numbers over with the tip of my flipper and they were clearly relieved. I am pretty sure they thought it was one of the G-men trying to pull another fast one by running in stealth mode. I told them that we were not the notorious G-men, but that we were actually the Honey Badger Dive Team, formerly known as Team Isanti. With a huge sigh of relief, They asked why we were diving in Forest Lake and not Square Lake. We told them that Square Lake has so much dive pressure from recreational divers, that there are no more items to plunder there. We did not mention the chest of gold doubloons just a few feet below our little boat. They looked at each other with that vacant look, started their boat, and continued to keep their eyes out for looters and such.

That was a while ago though. I too have seen the light. I was considering joining anchors anonymous but in the local chapter, there aren't many members. I am going to ask Nate if he will sponsor me. How long does it take to get through all 12 steps of the program? I heard that until you get through the 6th step you need to wear mittens over your dive gloves to help resist the urge to grab anchors out of the mud. By the time you get to the 10th step of the program, you graduate to wearing those god forsaken 3-fingered crab-claw mits. By the time you get through all 12 steps you can swim bare handed over a layer of gold coins 6" thick and not be tempted to go back to your wicked ways. That's the life for me! I might even go on the road and try to convert some of you heathens. I wonder if I can get a booth at the GLSPS shipwreck show... or maybe Ghost Ships. Golly Gee Wiz... I feel so much more professional just talking about it. In fact, maybe I'll not do anymore recreational diving, and just write a report about each of the lakes I've driven my boat across.  Wink
08-02-2012, 08:20 PM,
I am pretty sure they thought it was one of the G-men trying to pull another fast one by running in stealth mode. I told them that we were not the notorious G-men,  They asked why we were diving in Forest Lake and not Square Lake.

Hang on,,,,, I think I just thru-up a little in my mouth, ,,,,,,, G-men trying to pull another fast one by running in stealth mode,,,,,,,I dont even know what to say to that,,,,,,,, Heres G- men being "stealth" up in the mines

Attached Files
.jpg   Jumping the mines 017.JPG (Size: 810.62 KB / Downloads: 17)
.jpg_thumb   Jumping the mines 011.JPG_thumb (Size: 26.03 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   Jumping the mines 011.JPG (Size: 840.41 KB / Downloads: 25)
.jpg   Jumping the mines 024.JPG (Size: 792.66 KB / Downloads: 14)
.jpg_thumb   Jumping the mines 011.JPG_thumb (Size: 26.03 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   Jumping the mines 011.JPG (Size: 840.41 KB / Downloads: 25)
.jpg   Jumping the mines 024.JPG (Size: 792.66 KB / Downloads: 14)
08-03-2012, 12:49 PM,

Here are some behind the scenes photos of Team Gilligan preparing for the "Rope swing into the mine pit" photos:

Attached Files
.png   Planning the rope swing over the mine pit.png (Size: 523.08 KB / Downloads: 25)
.jpg   This would make a nice swing over the mine pit.jpg (Size: 102.04 KB / Downloads: 25)
.png   Planning the rope swing over the mine pit.png (Size: 523.08 KB / Downloads: 25)
.jpg   This would make a nice swing over the mine pit.jpg (Size: 102.04 KB / Downloads: 25)
.jpg   Team Gilligan testing the rope swing.jpg (Size: 100.81 KB / Downloads: 28)
08-03-2012, 09:36 PM,
LMAO!  Sure glad that I wasn't involved in that trip...  ;D ;D
08-08-2012, 12:30 PM,
Shooter closed the anchors annonymous chapter, sorry John, Cant be your sponsor. I am ready to loot and pillage anchors and feel the pieces of eight in my fingers! Lets go document some more shipwrecks. If the archeological elitest were smart, they would follow our threads and claim all kinds of wrecks, minus any booty of course!

Mel Fisher is my hero!

08-14-2012, 01:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2012, 01:52 PM by arcFlash.)
"inspector there who has never dove, but he will have a manual" -- When asked the inspector had no idea what "Shine-o-la" was but using education and experience he pointed at some dog crap. Then went back to keeping Zebra's out of Tonka.

For those that have not met me, I'm the skinny one in the red shirt. Smile
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
08-14-2012, 08:34 PM,

,,,,,,,,and I'm the smart one in the white shirt  :-*

When I think of the VILE, disgusting things I have been involve,,,,I mean, witnessed, (including Mel Fishers museum in the Keys),  and even aboard my own boat, the Impulse, (Dave Torry don't you look away either!), I still have to add yet another chapter,,,, last Fri. we trailered the Impulse down to Sabula,  Iowa and ran 132 miles down the Mississippi river, to Burlington Iowa, and back on my annual pilgrimage, to meet every low life river rat that presently exists, between the end of the 9' channel in friendly Fridley and the mouth of the Ohio River in Cairo, Ill. That's a distance of 866 river miles, ( called the Upper Mississippi  :-\) of which I've only covered 464, (had to trim back going all the way to Nawlins,,,, didn't think I'd live long enough. I realized they dint call IOWA (Idiots out walking around) for nothing, I saw life forms I don't think I've seen before. We got involved with something they called, "naked Sunday" where people swim across the bay, race up the sand bank then race back to the boat, well, we didn't win but we saw what happened to the lucky bastard, I mean, poor bastard who did win, but I'm getting off track.
                    I really think the G-men can stand proud here, it all started in the training we ( THE G-MEN) received in the many years of the Lake Minnetonka cleanup, bringing up anchors and old bottles and "garbage" from the depths, to help the poor unfortunates who live on that lake. The whole time where were those slippery eels, "team Isanti" ???? busy raping and pillaging the very history that this fine state stands on, taking EVERY anchor and old bottle, yelling thru their regs, "hurray for me, screw every other diver!" I curse them every time I dive moonscape knowing that for sure those eels have already been there. I know the only way I'll ever see all those anchors, is later this fall when I show up to say, repose my outboard,,,,,,,TRINITY