Remember me
Lost Password Register

Muck Dive
07-29-2012, 04:07 PM,
Muck Dive
I had 1800 pounds in a HP 120, and I felt like burning it up on a muck dive in Fish Lake. I used the metal detector and found 4 necklaces, 2 bracelets, one large hoop earring, a fake diamond gauge for stretching a pierced ear lobe, a small pocket knife, 4 quarters, a nickel, a dime, two pennies, two pair of sun glasses, many bobby pins and hair dealies. It cost me 3 bucks to get into the county park and with the $1.17 and some junk jewelery I found, I still didn't break even... But it was fun and that's all that matters.

Attached Files
.jpg   PICT0001.jpg (Size: 930.05 KB / Downloads: 53)
.jpg   PICT0001.jpg (Size: 930.05 KB / Downloads: 52)
07-30-2012, 07:45 AM,
Re: Muck Dive
Nice! How tight was the vis? Was the booty from the swim platform area?
07-30-2012, 09:32 AM,
Re: Muck Dive
The area I searched was around the floating swim platform. The viz was 2' before I started plowing up the bottom. With the 12" of silt it went to zero right away. I was running the detector with my right hand and using my left hand to mark the side of the 8" coil of the metal detector because when I heard a tone... I could not see the coils location. I tethered the metal detector and a lobster bag to my BC so they could be let go of to feel the objects in the silt. I did re-locate that truck frame that is burried 12" into the mud. It is 15' Southwest of the anchor for the swim platform. Not sure exactly what this is, but it feels like a car or truck frame.