Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bone Lake, By forest lake MN
08-20-2012, 03:37 PM,
Bone Lake, By forest lake MN
John and I had a last minute dive on Sun. We had a lake in the [glow=red,2,300]master dive plan[/glow], that showed some potential mini archaeological sites and rumors of shipwrecks. We decided to do a quick drop on Sun. afternoon. The rumors of shipwrecks could not be confirmed. John managed to feel his way through 2 mini archaeological sites, a vintage military style 90 degree flashlight, and a spud bar. I manged to find a pair of what I thought were cheater reading glasses, which I almost tossed, that turned out to be a nice pair of rayban B&L sunglasses! Dnr vis reports were 4-6', but at 20' deep, with an hid light, was more like 6". :o
08-21-2012, 04:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2012, 04:28 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: Bone Lake, By forest lake MN
I expected better viz, but it turned into braille diving.:'.::. The nice part about 6" viz was that the weed line was non existant. I litterally ran into the spud when I was dragging my fingertips back and forth at arms length. It was sticking straight up and bonked me right in the melon. The two anchors were a nice touch for the day as I was starting to run low on them  Wink. Nate clearly had the find of the day with the Ray Bans. This lake will be crossed off the list of lakes to dive in the future.
08-21-2012, 11:43 AM,
Art and I lived on Bone Lake for 12 years before moving west to Andover! It's in Scandia Township off of Lofton Ave. about 5 to 6 miles west of Forest Lake. Is that where you dove!!  :o
Aly
08-21-2012, 02:42 PM,
Yep, that was the place just East of Lofton. We were diving off a point on the East side that had a nice sandbar that went down to 20' and flattened out. The North side of the sandbar was nice sand, and the South side was heavy clay. I think it is North and East of Forest Lake a few miles, but I am sure its the same lake. Ask Art if he has ever dove the next lake going North called Moody Lake. The viz in Moody is supposed to be very, very limited but I have heard some Interesting stories about that lake.