Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Conditions - D.L., Perham, Vergas Area
04-17-2003, 10:44 AM,
Re:Lake Conditions - D.L., Perham, Vergas Area
I do not know if it was a rare day or not but I brought my mask and snorkel along on one of my tubing fiestas and found that I could see quite a bit. At least more than I was counting on. And admittedly, I found old sun glasses and a few beer cans- some full ~ Whoo hoo! Big Grin Free beer is always good. But imagine the possibilities ??? Gold and diamonds- It's like our own back yard Atocha.

I'd be willing to bet vis would not allow for finding much of anything. Mostly beer cans, bottles and some sunglasses I would imagine. I've been tubing there a few times... pretty nasty water from what I remember. Plus, vis in a river is never that great to begin with.
[/quote]
Scott Wemyss<br />Air Down There SCUBA <br />9 East Little Canada Road<br />Little Canada, MN 55117<br />(651) 482-0977<br />www.airdownthere.com<br />airdownthere@msn.com
04-17-2003, 12:50 PM,
Thanks Fred!!!! (Remind me to buy you some beef jerkey from the meat market in DL Smile ) I have the June date marked!!! I hope to sneak up there at least once before that time. I have dove on E. Silent before. I used to have a close friend with a cottage on that lake. Wicked drop-offs if I remember right (almost like the mine pits)

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
04-18-2003, 02:41 PM,
One thing lead to another today but nothing lead to diving. Crappy weather anyway, doesn't sound good through the Easter weekend either. :'( That reminds me, Happy Easter! ;D
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
04-21-2003, 09:41 PM,
Finally got to dive.. was in Paul Lake today. Get this, I swam on the surface from deep water towards shore watching for the bottom, when I saw the bottom and went for it... -25'. Twenty-Five feet vis!!! Fantastic! Check this out, just to give you an idea of the clarity.. this is near the boat landing. I suppose we'll lose it once the water starts turning over but it's great now. Temp wasn't so hot, 41deg. :o
Fred

Attached Files
.jpg   PaulLake.jpg (Size: 41.7 KB / Downloads: 57)
.jpg_thumb   PaulLake.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.24 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-22-2003, 08:24 AM,
OH YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That lake has just wonderful viz!!!! I know we had at least 15 feet plus in the middle of summer.
Thanks for the report!!! And it looks like you had fun even in the cold....

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
04-22-2003, 12:13 PM,

LOL... pretty sad when we get excited about 15 feet of vis. I'll take what I can get though!
05-20-2003, 02:07 PM,
I was on Lake Six on Saturday near DL and the vis. was around 10'. It was a good dive didnt see the fish that are normally there though.
05-20-2003, 03:19 PM,
I was in West and Big McDonald friday and had at least 16' in Big (as deep as I got) and at least 20' in West. The visibility in the area lakes seems to me to be about the best I have ever seen it for this time of year. Surprising...
That is rather poor for Lake Six.., Lake Seven some over a week ago was at least 25'. Six will get better.. it always does.
Fred
06-09-2003, 09:02 AM,
Big Cormorant - lot's of suspended particulate. Vis from surface about 11 feet.. vis at -20' only about 5', it was overcast and 7:30 p.m. Did a night dive too with same conditions.. Fred
06-09-2003, 09:31 AM,
Hey Fred, we expect daily reports on conditions out there leading up to this weekend.... Wink
--Jason