Remember me
Lost Password Register

Hey Trinity
08-29-2012, 10:37 AM,
Hey Trinity
Hey Trinity, missed you over Memorial Weekend, I am going to try and get some diving in when I fly back Sept. 22nd. I will be coming in on Saturday evening, then flying back out the following Friday afternoon.

That would only leave a Sunday dive available with you.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
08-31-2012, 09:58 AM,
Re: Hey Trinity
                  Hey Dangerous Dave!
                                 I'll keep the 23rd wide open to jump with you, mines haven't been the best this year, but we have found a few local lakes that are pretty decent. Heres a pic of the police aboard the Impulse, (keeping a limit on the debauchery, no doubt), as we crossed over the 400 mile mark of the upper Mississippi, on our way down to Nawlins. I look forward to seeing you, buddy!

Attached Files
.jpg   various pics 036.JPG (Size: 782.12 KB / Downloads: 77)
.jpg   various pics 036.JPG (Size: 782.12 KB / Downloads: 77)
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
09-04-2012, 07:38 AM,
Who is that Hottie on the bow?

With the shades, she looks a lot like my old girlfriend.

Unless your willing to travel a bit (4-6 hours one way), there is nothing but mudpuddles around here. I just don't trust the lakes, you know, aligators and such.

Hurricane Isaac caused a lot of flooding down here, now there are all these poisones snakes and aligators that have moved further inland to surrounding waters that never had them in the past. The gulf water was over the levies by as much as 7' in some areas, and a friend from LaPlace has her house underwater, and she is about 50 miles inland.

So, does your "friend" have a sister?
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
09-04-2012, 07:30 PM,
                          Glad to hear the floodwaters are backing down Dave. You do regular oil changes running that Honda Generator in the salt spray too, and switch her over to fully synthetic oil soon as she's well broke in, then she'll last forever. The Master vans we go 20,000 miles between changes and they dont burn a drop.
                          So what do you want to jump here? Better stay local, the mines haven't been the best.
                          Ohh, she DOES, have a sister too, but she's pretty wild, the sister's all,,, I, can handle, might be a bit much for you now that you've gone, "southern". I'll see if I can't line them both up for Sunday to come with. Here's a pic at the very begining of the trip downriver at MM 523, (just above lock and dam #13) thats 337 miles down river from Fridley, MN the upper end of the navagatable channel. Look forward to seeing you buddy!        Trinity

Attached Files
.jpg   various pics 029.JPG (Size: 936.24 KB / Downloads: 61)
.jpg   various pics 029.JPG (Size: 936.24 KB / Downloads: 61)
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
09-05-2012, 05:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012, 01:32 PM by mcdiver.)
Since I will be flying-in to MSP around 9pm Saturday night, I will just get a motel in the Twin Cities for the night. So plan on a dive somewhere around the metro on Sunday. Can you hook me up with a couple tanks and some soft weights?

How cold is the water? I had better bring my drysuit back, not used to diving in water below 80 degrees.

You don't have any "Swamp Rats" floating in the water do you? When the hurricane breached the levies, they flooded a lot of low-lying areas where these rats lived, now they have floated back to the gulf shore lines as the water receeded. They estimate that as many as 15,000 of these huge swamp rats are laying on the Mississippi beaches. In the heat, they have bloated and exploded and just stink.

Regarding that sister....
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201