Remember me
Lost Password Register

EZUWA 500' GoPro
09-13-2012, 02:57 PM,
EZUWA 500' GoPro
The New EZUWA GoPro housings are in stock!!

The new EZUWA GoPro housing is Machined from marine grade 6061 aluminum.  It's depth rated to 500' and comes standard with correct focusing flat lens.  Perfect for all tech divers or divers that like to feed their GoPros to sharks

Steve Philbrook
Aquaventure Dive &amp; Photo Center<br />10024 CO Rd. 81<br />Maple Grove, MN 55369<br />www.AquaventureScuba.com<br />763.424.8717<br /><br />Follow us at:<br />www.facebook.com/AquaventureScuba
09-13-2012, 06:36 PM,
Re: EZUWA 500' GoPro
2 identical posts in sequence to the same forum might be SPAM.

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
09-14-2012, 03:46 PM,
Hi Hydro,

No it's not spam.  I posted the first one under one of our staff's name by mistake then reposted under Aquaventure. 

Sorry for the confusion.

Steve Philbrook
Aquaventure Dive &amp; Photo Center<br />10024 CO Rd. 81<br />Maple Grove, MN 55369<br />www.AquaventureScuba.com<br />763.424.8717<br /><br />Follow us at:<br />www.facebook.com/AquaventureScuba
09-14-2012, 04:39 PM,
The EZUMA GoPro housing is very nice. Took it out to Square Lake to play around with the other day. I had 2 GoPro HD Hero 2's with me. So in addition to testing out the housing I was able to test out a Green Water Magic Filter. WOW!!! :o That thing makes a HUGE difference. Check out a quick comparison video I threw together:

&quot;BARK BARK!&quot; -Dudley Do Right-
09-14-2012, 07:52 PM,

WOW is right!!! It looked like 2 different bodies of water. I would like to add that filter to the inside of my mask  ;D

Nice fins,  8)  I don't get to wear mine here very often Sad
09-15-2012, 08:03 AM,
is it just me, or does the natural(without filter) seem brighter? some shots i like the filter effect, but towards end it seems the unfiltered gets more contrast and detail.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
09-15-2012, 08:41 AM,
All filters will darken the image, you are filtering out light afterall.

A better more accurate method is to adjust it digitally, filtering and/or brightening.

Although if you are out of a good focus, software can't really help you.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
10-18-2012, 11:17 AM,
Yes, you can effectively adjust still files digitally (especially RAW format) but it is best to shoot the highest quality video (and stills for that matter) from the start.  The less you need to edit or adjust the better.  Especially HD video files.  Unlike a still RAW file that can be adjusted a great deal without any image degradation, HD video files are shot in a highly compressed format.  They can be altered a bit however, the alteration degrades the file.  This varies from software to software.

When shooting HD video (especially underwater) it is critical to have the proper or as close to proper White Balance, exposure, etc.  Green water and blue water filters are a huge asset in assisting in this process, especially in video cameras that do not allow manual White Balance settings.  Yes, filters do filter out a small amount of light however, the video camera's metering system (GoPro's or any automatic video camera) automatically adjusts for optimum exposure.  Filters will also do amazing things for contrast (especially in cloudy green water).  If this type of correction is attempted in post production, the file may have significant noise added to it.  Especially in darker conditions.

I hope this helps Smile