Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Minnetonka Dive Spots coordinates?
09-15-2012, 08:07 AM,
Lake Minnetonka Dive Spots coordinates?
currious if any of the old timer divers, would share any of the odd dive spots.I know they have alot of spots that aren't commonly known.

under cut cave bank?

some of the smaller boat/wrecks.

rock piles

perhaps tag along.

tonka is clearing up fast now. looking for some new adventures for this fall.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
09-15-2012, 10:49 AM,
Re: Lake Minnetonka Dive Spots coordinates?

Hey Steph, if any of the "old time divers" would know where all of the odd dive spots are in Tonka (and then some), T would.  (Seriously though, he would know where most everything is in Tonka.) 

P.S. He has two "dive logs" ya know.  One with dive coordinates, and one with "other" coordinates.  ;D   
The farther back you can look, the farther forward you will see . . . Winston Churchill
09-15-2012, 10:54 AM,
you should check out lake elmo, thats an old time dive spot, kinda weird to run across old junk piles other divers have gathered, at the same time, its kinda annoying knowing you arnt diving a virgin....
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
09-15-2012, 08:15 PM,
[quote author=mermaid link=topic=7260.msg42229#msg42229 date=1347727793]

Hey Steph, if any of the "old time divers" would know where all of the odd dive spots are in Tonka (and then some), T would. 

Popo, NO SHARING!
                        Look here Mermaid, so, how did you find out about that second log?  This is my thought, and I'm sure Jason would agree. First, this site isn't about sharing, its about finding cool stuff underwater and keeping it all to yourself, being stealth.
                        Joe, I can only wholehearedly agree. I'm so sick and tired of diving and finding I'm only sloppy seconds to some other stroke divers, and I dont want to mention names here (like Nate and John), I could spit my regulator out. Speaking of that, the other day I watched one of their video's, I was so offended, I went out and set fire to a huge brush pile in my back yard, and decided its time to swear a jihad, from now on and until, all other divers apologise for diving a site before me, I'm not going to stop burning stuff in my backyard, (John, some of it is wooden framing material too, and I sing and dance around about that some carpenters work is going, up in smoke!) and I wait for the election to be over, so I can throw a bunch of signs on the fire, and burn them too, Nate, starting with Hillary's sign here. So, whose up first to apologise,,,,,,?          Trinity

Attached Files
.jpg   Fantasy Fest 2007 075.jpg (Size: 1.92 MB / Downloads: 94)
.jpg   Fantasy Fest 2007 075.jpg (Size: 1.92 MB / Downloads: 90)
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
09-16-2012, 01:49 PM,

, looks like Hillary had a wardrobe malfunction!! 
The farther back you can look, the farther forward you will see . . . Winston Churchill
09-16-2012, 03:47 PM,
There was a Wayzata dive club that dived the lake hard. And some other local groups. Also some of the old timers scanned the lake with side scan and dove most if not all the larger wrecks known, and unknown. A good number of those spots now exist as GPS coordinates that are not publicly known. I wouldn’t mind diving a bueatufill dive spot regardless of it’s a virgin spot or not. The older divers I’ve BS’d with have all sorts of interesting spots but problem is, most were found before GPS and were marked by such and such surface point many of which no longer exist or are painted different colors now! I don’t fully understand if you’re an old ass diver that has da..m near hung up the gear, and hasn’t been diving, or only very little, then what difference would it make to put me on some of those interesting spots? Is it comeradity towards other divers that share the spot? If so, and the whole group of divers is on the way to the nursing home what’s the point?  I would really like to see the sturgeon in this lake. And I’m not too proud to ask the forum for help. If the old time divers are so stubborn(which the ones I’ve met, really are), I will just proceed forward and continue on my mission to swim as much of this lake underwater as possible.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
09-16-2012, 03:52 PM,
Ha ha ha. I see Hillary is doing more for this country than previous candidates.
And Mr T’s second book probably in 100years would become an interesting archaeological artifact.
09-18-2012, 01:52 PM,

I let this sleeping dog lie for a bit... thinking Trinity would sleep it off ???. Pulling a few key words from your rant: "stealth", "stroke divers", "Jihad", "Burning stuff",,, You know what else makes me sad?..

Nate and I miss so much stuff when we dive, its like diving a brand new site when we're done >Big Grin

Attached Files
.jpg   Jackwagon.jpg (Size: 38.19 KB / Downloads: 29)
.jpg   Jackwagon.jpg (Size: 38.19 KB / Downloads: 30)
09-19-2012, 07:20 AM,
thanks guys. I knew i could count on the gang to provide me some answers. so far you have suggested everything from check another lake, to breast warmers. to hijacking my thread. thanks.thanks for so much helpfull info.
09-19-2012, 10:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2012, 10:56 AM by DetectorGuy.)

I've only done 3 dives in Minnetonka, so I am hardly an experienced Tonka diver... but being I already hijacked your thread... If a person was looking for information about where to dive on Minnetonka I would say the State Histerical Society (or one of thier minions) would be a good place to start. After all our tax dollars have already been spent on doing extensive surveys of the lake. The reports that resulted from those surveys are full of information about what used to be on top of the water there and some grainy side images of what is on the bottom. Of course the reports don't give precise locations of these "annomilies" but in the description for each they give a really rough location (what bay) and sometimes a clue of the depth. Once even more grant money is given to the report writers, they will actually drop down and confirm what is there. I don't know if there ever will be a time when one of their reports will spell out a coordinate to these "annomilies".

If you read between the lines (litterally) from watching the news articles they have done with the different TV stations, you can pause the video when the news camera is showing the screen of their fish finder. On the left side of the screen is the coordinates of their boat at that point in time. It also gives you a heading of their boat at that same point in time. Using these two pieces of info combined with the targets shown as push-pins on the right side of the screen, you can interpolate rough coordinates to any of the annomilies shown on their screen. I am not saying that anyone should do this, because these items laying on the bottom belong to the state of Minnesota and I am pretty sure its illegal just to look at them >Big Grin.

So attached are links to the 2 Minnetonka reports that we as tax payers have already spent $6,999 on for each report. There are several other reports available on their web page for other bodies of water like Waconia and White bear. These are almost free to view... when you take into account that we have paid $6999 for each one. Here are links to some of the news stories that have screen shots of some of the "annomilies" that any unethical recreational diver could use to narrow in on some of the "gaps" in the official reports:

(click the PDF link on the left side to open the report)

Hope that helps somewhat as I am a caring and sharing individual >Big Grin