Remember me
Lost Password Register

BLM sets standards for collection on public lands
10-15-2012, 01:37 PM,
BLM sets standards for collection on public lands
newly set standards for collections of scientific meteor materials on public lands.

interestingly there is a low level no permit required for small amounts! this would cover johny picking up a stone that hits bounces off his bike.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
01-20-2013, 11:54 AM,
Re: BLM sets standards for collection on public lands
on a slightly related level,I think its interesting that the city and state regularly plows over and discards 1800's vintage items. building,etc. many locals remember the famous railroad that went thru minneapolis to wayzata. it was paved with granit and quartz cobble stone. these roads were plowed over, and many residents took the cobble stones for garden decorations. at one point at the citizens request the city stopped bulldozing for a short few weeks allowing citizens to "rescue" these cultural historical artifacts. they can even today be seen in hundreds if not thousands of gardens around minneapoils. in fact many were resold thru the garden supply stores. this same story exists for many older buildings that pieces were rescued before they were leveled...its nice to see these things being preserved and rescued.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;