Remember me
Lost Password Register

Sherwood Recall Notice
05-07-2002, 09:18 AM,
Sherwood Recall Notice
News & Events<br>Sherwood Scuba Recalls Maximus Regulators <br><br>Released May 1, 2002 <br><br>Sherwood Scuba LLC has recalled about 14,000 Maximus Scuba regulators. The second stage orifices on these regulators can be cracked, bent or broken. This can result in a loss of breathing air underwater. <br><br>Sherwood Scuba has received seven reports of broken second stage orifices on these regulators. Two of the regulators broke during dives underwater. No injuries were reported. <br><br>The Maximus regulators included in this recall have the following model, serial numbers and connection types: <br><br>Model Number      Serial Number      Range Description<br>SRB5600      K600001 through K611834      Yoke Connection<br>SRB5600D2      DK60000 through DK62000      Din-Style Connection<br>SRB5600CE      EK600001 through EK62000      Yoke Connection<br><br>The serial numbers are laser marked on the top of the second stage case next to the mouthpiece. <br><br>Authorized Sherwood Scuba distributors and dealers nationwide sold these regulators from January 1998 through November 2000 for about $580. <br><br>Consumers should stop using the recalled regulators immediately, and contact their nearest authorized Sherwood retailer for a free repair. For more information, call Sherwood Scuba at 1-800-469-9929 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pacific Time Monday through Friday, or go to the firm's website at .
08-08-2002, 10:18 AM,
Re:Sherwood Recall Notice
I wish Sherwood would recall the Avid BC, because the 2001 model doesn't have clips to keep the weight pouches from falling out. I have had a few situations where I have lost my pouches, which can be very dangerous when you shoot up like a rocket.
08-08-2002, 10:40 AM,
Just a thought from a rookie, but would it be worth $5 to go to Wal-Mart and buy some clips and sew them on? I've seen them there before and I don't know what the difference would be. Maybe the ones that come with the bc's a stronger, I don't know. Just seem like standard clips to me.<br><br>Waiver:<br>This is to be used for informational purposes only, any attempt to modify, alter or otherwise change your existing configuration implies that the owner of the BC take full responsibility for any such modifications. ;D
08-08-2002, 01:00 PM,
Good idea and that is exactly what I did, but I bought the clips & straps at Jo Anna Fabrics. I'm waiting for my new pouch to come in this weekend and I'm going to pin the straps and clips on the BC and take it to a professional seamstress. I don't want to lose or shoot to the top a Wazee or anywhere else again.
08-08-2002, 01:18 PM,
I don't blame you... Heck, I can't even sew a button on my dress shirts... Let us know how it works out for you though, ok?
08-16-2002, 02:56 PM,
I probably have the first Avid they sold and haven't had a problem with it I seen one where the pouch fell out during our dive and when I looked at the way he put the pouches in I could see why. If the pouches are installed properly they won't come out but they can be put in wrong and look like it is right.