Remember me
Lost Password Register

dive flag laws
10-18-2012, 09:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2012, 09:22 AM by Hydro.)
dive flag laws
Ran across what happens to a swimmer when a boat gets too close, I think the dnr should put this in the boating safety section on dive flags.
Most likely a diver would have a nice compressed tank for protection.
(Not too gory, but not fun)

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
10-18-2012, 03:16 PM,
Re: dive flag laws
...actually, looks like the guy was growing gills!  :o
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
10-18-2012, 08:56 PM,
saw a lady that backed in to a prop on a Cessna that look like that.
10-19-2012, 01:11 PM,
I believe the law states 150ft from dive flag, or anchored boat. im thinking of starting a thread of all the pictures i have collected of boats that were closer than that. that thread would include a number of larger boats that should have known beter.(captained)
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
10-19-2012, 04:20 PM,

Bet that stung,,,,,, We were out this summer diving the wrecks No. of Big Island, (think you were with Popo) and a 30' boat came right past us, we yelled for him to get further away and he yelled back wanting to know, if we had divers in the water. Dont remember that as being a contingent requirement :-\ It would be interesting to know (in any of the 7 counties) the number of tickets written for diving without a dive flag vs. the number written for boating within 150' of one. Grump can you help me out with that for Hennepin Co. anyway?
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
10-26-2012, 11:27 PM,

Likely wouldn't have been lying on his back for a while.  Owwwwwwwww that had to hurt !!
The farther back you can look, the farther forward you will see . . . Winston Churchill