Remember me
Lost Password Register

What's Happening in the GLSPS this Fall
11-01-2012, 06:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012, 12:43 AM by PJK.)
What's Happening in the GLSPS this Fall
Hi all, I said the GLSPS would try to keep you up to date.  Well, I guess I sort of failed in that department.  Unfortunately, I am just a volunteer and have a day time job (and sometimes at night when working late).  My time has been limited with a lot of business projects that needed to be completed by the end of the year.  This is part of the reason I haven't been visiting the site for a while.  Although, I'm finally catching up on a few of my projects.

The GLSPS decided to reschedule the Wilson Project October 13 & 14, which was the last project of the year.  The visibility was still questionable.  We almost had to cancel it again since the S.O.P. for underwater projects is 15ft or more of horizontal visibility.  Just a few days before the project, the visibility suddenly improved greatly to 20-25 ft.  THE PROJECT WAS ON!!

I can't go into details about the project because an article is going to be published in the upcoming GLSPS Newsletter.  However, it will be posted on the GLSPS website under "2012 Project Reports" and after the Newsletter is released.  Sorry folks!   :'(  We have to provide some cool benefits for folks that are members of the GLSPS.

Please join us and become a GLSPS Member.  You will be able to read more details about what we performed on each project.  You will also be able to view through the many pictures we took and a few videos as well.

You can find the GLSPS website by clicking on this link. .   

We are traveling to Duluth to the Gales of November.  We will have a booth in the exhibitors room.  This is not a scuba show but is a very interesting show about shipping and Maritime history, which we support.   Please join us if you have the time or desire.  Or, are not deer hunting.  I know it's a bad weekend for the deer hunters but, those of us that prefer beef or pork would probably be going to the conference instead.  Just kidding!

Anyway, have a great weekend.  Until next time!
Safe Diving<br />PJK