Remember me
Lost Password Register

Clean up dive May 3rd
04-10-2003, 01:41 PM,
Clean up dive May 3rd
Scott at Air Down There Scuba has offered to sponsor a clean-up dive for us. We picked the weekend after Crosby which is May 3rd. What I am looking for is lakes we could do a clean-up dive in. I know Perch needs it really bad but maybe others want to do a different location. Scott said he would have prizes to give away. I will help supply the food and beverages. If anyone is interested , please post here and if you have suggestions for the location , please let me know!!!

Thank you very much
Jean Big Grin
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
04-10-2003, 03:19 PM,
Re:Clean up dive May 3rd
I like Perch, Square, or Little Long Lake.
--Jason
04-10-2003, 03:25 PM,
Any of those three lakes sound good to me as well. Maybe we need to take a poll. :Smile
04-10-2003, 05:13 PM,
I might be able to make the dive on the 3rd May. Want to get a lot of diving in this year, so better start NOW ;D
04-10-2003, 05:45 PM,
Just an FYI for you guys, Golden Acres should be open by the third of May. I know some people are going to be doing O/W dives there that weekend.
T
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
04-15-2003, 06:12 PM,
Hi Jean, I would like to clean up in Perch lake. Remeber that big bag I filled last year with just one pass. There is a lot of junk in there, and I'm sure there were a few beer cans added over the ice fishing season.
GO DIVING!
04-16-2003, 11:21 AM,
Since we have 6 votes for Perch and 1 for Square , I think Perch is the candidate...Once we set the time , I will post the particulars for the days events!!!! And I agree on doing this one. When we went in last Wednesday , the junk condition hadn't changed. I even found a BROKEN BOTTLE down there...Just terrible!!!!

Thanks...Jean Smile
04-16-2003, 01:28 PM,
I just want to add my 2 cents and say that I am very excited to be part of the first annual MNScuba clean-up dive. I have received e-mails from Sherwood, Genesis, Akona, Trident and PADI so far that they intend to provide us with a few prizes. So here is the next challenge: Please submit ideas on what sort of accomplishments that we need to recognize with a prize (i.e. most trash collected, weirdest item etc...). Also, shoot an e-mail or call the store to indicate your interest in participation. That way Jean and I will have an approximate idea on how many people to plan for. Thank you, Scott
Scott Wemyss<br />Air Down There SCUBA <br />9 East Little Canada Road<br />Little Canada, MN 55117<br />(651) 482-0977<br />www.airdownthere.com<br />airdownthere@msn.com
04-16-2003, 02:19 PM,
Scott, obviously count me in. Prize ideas include: most trash collected, strangest object, most valuable object, biggest object, person who traveled the furthest to attend, and recovered anchors are worth an automatic prize.
--Jason
04-16-2003, 02:47 PM,
Jason , thanks for the ideas. I especially like the one about farthest traveled (that's cool!!!). I suppose amount of junk brought up would be by volume , right??? (Not by weight...)

And BTW , don't even think about attaching lift-bags to the platform and bringing that up!!! Wink

Jean