Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Scooter Dive
05-01-2003, 02:53 PM,
Underwater Scooter Dive
I would like to get some feedback from forum members. I am considering bring in several rental scooters. In order to rent these scooters divers would need the DPV specialty course. We would offer this course for $99 plus scooter rental. Rental would be $35/day. After divers are dpv certified, they could rent the units whenever they wished. If I can get 4 people to sign up for the course, I will gladly offer this. Running the scooters is quite simple and safe. You don't need any prior dpv experience, just willingness to learn a new skill and a desire to have more fun diving then you have ever had in the past. A tenative start date for the course would be Wed. May 28th at 6:00pm at square lake.

Please email me at scubadivetravel@qwest.net or replie to this post.

Thanks for your help,
Happy Diving,
Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
05-01-2003, 03:47 PM,
Re:Underwater Scooter Dive
I replied on the Dive Shop Events posting. Count me on the list!!!! I have always wanted to try one of these critters...
I assume this would be a Wednesday night thing (to match with the fun dive schedule) right???

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
05-01-2003, 11:15 PM,
I'm in. Only issue might be job/travel conflict.
I actually get to use the scooter ring????
DanL
Dan L
05-01-2003, 11:29 PM,
I've always wanted to do a circuit tour of Square and Perch and I'm sure I could come up with a half dozen other lakes as well. Cool idea.
T
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
05-02-2003, 09:01 AM,
Due to the high volume of inquiries on email I would like to post a brief description of this program. The PADI Dpv specialty program will be conducted on Wed. nights at square lake. The course will begin at 6:00pm and can be completed in one evening. 2 dives are required for the specialty program. Students need to have nothing more than their open water diver certification, and be at least 12 years of age. This course will cover: Diver propulsion vehicle dive planning organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards, equipment and procedure considerations , and how to avoid harming fragile aquatic life. Due to the limited visibility when lake diving, we are only able to take 2 students per class. After course completion, divers will be able to rent dpv's from the store at a rate of $35/day or $65/weekend. Extra batteries will be available for a minimal fee. Available class dates are May 28, June 4, June 11, June 18, and July 2. Due to small class sizes and high volumes of interrest, we would recommend signing up as soon as you find a date that works with your schedule. Call or email me to sign up or if you have further questions.

Happy Diving,
Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
05-02-2003, 09:19 AM,
A little off subject, but I forgot to mention last Wed. night, that from now on, at Wednsday night fun dives, we will be providing free on site air fills, and as usual 1/2 price rental gear (with the exception of scooters, and HID canister lights.), and as always free grillins. Bring your own beverages. Scooters, rental tanks, and lights can be transported to the lake if you do not have enough time to come into the store.

Hope to see all of you this Wednsday night.
Richard
05-02-2003, 09:35 AM,
Sorry, forgot to post my email and phone. scubadivetravel@qwest.net 612-823-7210
05-02-2003, 01:12 PM,
Just an update. I have decided to offer this course every Wed. night for anyone interrested. So far we have several classes that are no longer available. May 28th-1 space left, June 25th-0 spaces, July 9th-0 spaces, Aug 20th-0 spaces, Aug 27th-0 spaces. The sooner the better on these classes while square is still relatively clear.