Remember me
Lost Password Register

TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
01-11-2013, 01:56 PM,
Re: TRINITY'S 3rd annual 2012/2013 icing challenge
on another thread. but time to reel him in.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
01-14-2013, 08:24 AM,
Keep the pictures coming. I am sharing them with the guys at work and all they can say is. "Damn".

They get a kick out of seeing the vehicles on the ice.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
01-14-2013, 08:43 AM,

They would really get a kick out of seeing the vehicles [shadow=red,left]under[/shadow] the ice... :o
01-14-2013, 11:09 AM,
                  It was pretty cold out on Medicine Lake on Sat. in the wind w/o a shack not sure the honey badgers could of handled it  :-*. After the warm up we had last week the ice was in better shape then I expected, about half the surface was a clear 12" the other half had 3" of frost ice on top of the 12" of clear. Plenty strong to park all three heavy vehicles next to each other to block the wind and jump.
                 Sherriff was out running plates, like we might of been doing something wrong? Although the lake gods weren't happy to give it up, so we ended up just bottling, did find a kind of cool bottle from the Yoerg Brewing Co. out of St. Paul, they were around from 1848 to 1952, right thru prohabition, bottling soda pop? Sure,,,,Anthony Yoerg did excavate almost a mile of caves in the soft sandstone of the west side bluffs to cool and store his brew, which were cool to explore as a kid.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
01-16-2013, 03:29 PM,

With it being the middle of Jan. already, we better start planning a run to Millacs when most of the group can make it, anything other then the weekends of Feb. 10 and 17th works for me. Regular icers (you too honey Badgers  :-*) pick a date and lets see what works.
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
01-17-2013, 05:30 PM,
im up for any weekend to millacs. should plan well and maximize carpooling options.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
01-17-2013, 06:11 PM,
The weekends of the 9th, or 23rd will work for me.

Team Honey Badger, are you up for going to Mille Lacs? 

It should be a good time.  ;D
01-18-2013, 10:13 AM,
hey, are we grilling on the ice for this event? also with that big a lake perhaps i should bring some of my dive flags. might be interesting to see how many flags we can fly in one spot..just to be sure there is no doubt to what we are doing.
01-18-2013, 11:39 PM,
Thanks for the invite. Sounds like fun and I will be there if I can. I know Feb 9th won't work for me, but you guys just plan for when ever it works for you. Any thoughts as to what part of Mille Lacs you guys are gonna hit? I don't know the area that well and I have only dove in a few areas there. I hit the area just North of Hunters Point and that was sandy with a few softball sized rocks. At that time the ice here was what I think they call "frazzle ice" when we were there. The bottom of the ice was all jagged spikes poking downward from the wind stacking the ice up vertically and then re-freezing. We also dove 3 miles off Macs Twin Bay Resort when Nate recovered that wedding ring for the guy. The last place I dove in Mille Lacs was Graveyard Reef near Isle. There was lots of basketball sized rocks there. I would like to find the big boulders near Isle someday. I hear they are as big as vans. I would also like to hit Hennepin Island or Spirit Island someday. They sound like magnets for anchors... If anyone can stomach looking at another anchor ;D
01-19-2013, 08:02 PM,
lot going on

Attached Files
.jpg   Mr T cutting jan 2013.jpg (Size: 215.79 KB / Downloads: 29)
.jpg   gregs house sm.jpg (Size: 199.5 KB / Downloads: 27)
.jpg   Mr T cutting jan 2013.jpg (Size: 215.79 KB / Downloads: 29)
.jpg   gregs house sm.jpg (Size: 199.5 KB / Downloads: 27)
.jpg   Mr T cutting jan 2013.jpg (Size: 215.79 KB / Downloads: 40)
.jpg   gregs house sm.jpg (Size: 199.5 KB / Downloads: 31)